Eudourology and Stones
- To compare pressure, dilation, and histology in a porcine model after stenting with a pigtail suture stent (PSS)–where the ureteral and bladder component consists of a suture and a double J (DJ) stent.
- To understand how treatment of patients with urinary stones by shockwave lithotripsy (SWL) aligns with current published practice guidelines.
- To understand patient and practice-level factors impacting postoperative imaging use after ureteroscopy (URS) for urinary stone disease.
- To better understand the impact of laser fiber-tip configuration on lithotripsy performance, we undertook an in vitro study comparing 3 fiber-tip configurations: (1) new (single-use), (2) cleaved (reusable), and (3) coated (cut with scissors).
- To assess low and high power settings for the popcorn technique, and relationship of laser fiber-to-stone distance and calyceal size on submillimeter fragmentation. Our in vitro findings may help guide strategies to improve a dusting technique for ureteroscopy.
- To test whether duplicate imaging relates to a lack of information sharing among providers, we measured the association between emergency department (ED) switching during a kidney stone episode and receipt of a repeat computed tomography (CT) scan.