Abbreviations:Exparel (Liposomal bupivacaine), PACU (Post-anesthesia care unit), FLACC (Face, legs, activity, cry, consolability), PPPM (Parents' postoperative pain measure), NPS (Numerical pain score), OMEQ (Oral morphine equivalents)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
- Updates on wound infiltration use for postoperative pain management: a narrative review.J Clin Med. 2021; 10: 4659https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10204659
- Peripheral nerve blocks in the management of postoperative pain: challenges and opportunities.J Clin Anesth. 2016; 35: 524-529https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinane.2016.08.041
- A multicenter study to evaluate the pharmacokinetics and safety of liposomal bupivacaine for postsurgical analgesia in pediatric patients aged 6 to less than 17 years (PLAY).J Clin Anesth. 2021; 75110503https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinane.2021.110503
Pacira Biosciences. Pacira announces FDA approval of supplemental new drug application for Exparel® (Bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) in pediatric patients. 〈https://investor.pacira.com/news-releases/news-release-details/pacira-announces-fda-approval-supplemental-new-drug-0〉.
- Postoperative pain and analgesia administration in children after urological outpatient procedures.J Pediatr Urol. 2018; 14: 171.e1-171.e6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpurol.2017.11.014
- 141 Use of dorsal nerve block with bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension (Exparel) for pain management following Three-Piece Penile Prosthesis Surgery.J Sex Med. 2016; 13: S66https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2016.02.147
Dosing-Administration Instructions for Exparel(R) in Pediatric Patients. Pacira Biosciences Inc. 〈https://www.exparel.com/hcp/specialty/pediatrics〉.
- Inconsistent and excessive opioid prescribing after common pediatric surgical operations.J Pediatr Surg. 2019; 54: 1427-1431
- Opioid use after pediatric urologic surgery: is it really needed.Urology. 2021; 158: 184-188https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2021.04.012
- Efficacy of liposomal bupivacaine and bupivacaine hydrochloride vs bupivacaine hydrochloride alone as a periarticular anesthetic for patients undergoing knee replacement: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2022; 157: 481-489https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2022.0713
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Financial Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose. This study was internally funded by the Robert Jeffs, MD Department of Pediatric Urology at Johns Hopkins Hospital.