Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
- How many adults identify as transgender in the United States. UCLA School of Law, The Williams Institute, 2016: 1-5 (Accessed March 02, 2021)
- Prostate cancer in transgender women: incidence, etiopathogenesis, and management challenges.Urology. 2017; 110: 166-171
- Understanding prostate cancer in gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men and transgender women: a review of the literature.Curr Sex Health Rep. 2019; 11: 430-441
- Breast and reproductive cancers in the transgender population: a systematic review.BJOG. 2018; 125: 1505-1512
IBM Watson Health. The IBM MarketScan Research Databases for Life Sciences Researchers: Data Brochure. 2019:3-14. Accessed December 18, 2021. Available at https://www.ibm.com/downloads/cas/OWZWJ0QO.
- Using clinician text notes in electronic medical record data to validate transgender-related diagnosis codes.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2018; 25: 905-908
- Identifying the transgender population in the medicare program.Transgender Health. 2016; 1: 250-265
- A novel method for estimating transgender status using electronic medical records.Ann Epidemiol. 2016; 26: 198-203
- Opportunities and gaps in primary care preventative health services for transgender patients: a systemic review.Transgender Health. 2016; 1: 216-230
- Cancer in transgender people: evidence and methodological considerations.Epidemiol Rev. 2017; 39: 93-107
- Experiences of transgender-related discrimination and implications for health: results from the Virginia Transgender Health Initiative Study.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 1820-1829
- Health care access and utilization by transgender populations: a United States transgender survey study.Transgender Health. 2020; 5: 141-148
- Mortality trends over five decades in adult transgender people receiving hormone treatment: a report from the Amsterdam cohort of gender dysphoria.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021; 9: 663-670
- Health disparities in the transgender community: exploring differences in insurance coverage.Psychol Sex Orientat Gender Divers. 2016; 3: 275-282
- Findings from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system on health-related quality of life among US transgender adults, 2014-2017.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 1141-1144
- Transgender population size in the United States: a meta-regression of population-based probability samples.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: e1-e8
- The state of transgender health care: policy, law, and medical frameworks.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e31-e38
- Transgender History: The Roots of Today's Revolution.2nd ed. Seal Press, New York, NY2017: 190-195 (Revised edition)
- The report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey. National Center for Transgender Equality, Washington, DC2016: 18-231 (Accessed March 02, 2022)
- National transgender discrimination survey report on health and health care.Natl Cent Transgender Equal Natl Gay Lesbian Task Force. 2010; : 1-23
- Non-prescribed hormone use and barriers to care for transgender women in San Francisco.LGBT Health. 2015; 2: 313-323
- A literature review of cervical cancer screening in transgender men.Nurs Women's Health. 2018; 22: 52-62
- Bridging barriers to cervical cancer screening in transgender men: a scoping review.Am J Mens Health. 2020; 14 (1557988320925691): 1-10https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988320925691
- Early detection of prostate cancer: AUA guideline.J Urol. 2013; 190: 419-426https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2013.04.119
- Standards of care for the health of transgender and gender diverse people, version 8.Int J Transgender Health. 2022; 23: S1-S260https://doi.org/10.1080/26895269.2022.2100644
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.