Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- FDA approves test for prostatic cancer.BMJ. 1994; 309: 628-629
- Reconsidering Prostate Cancer Mortality — The Future of PSA Screening.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1557-1563
- Prostate Cancer Screening.Med Clin North Am. 2018; 102: 199-214
- Measurement of prostate-specific antigen in serum as a screening test for prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 1156-1161
- Reevaluating PSA Testing Rates in the PLCO Trial.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1795-1796
- Screening and prostate-cancer mortality in a randomized European study.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1320-1328
- Prostate Cancer Mortality at 11 years of Follow-up in the ERSPC.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 981-990
- The European Randomized Study of Screening for Prostate Cancer – Prostate Cancer Mortality at 13 Years of Follow-up.Lancet. 2014; 384: 2027-2035
Prostate Cancer: Early Detection Guideline - American Urological Association. https://www.auanet.org/guidelines/guidelines/prostate-cancer-early-detection-guideline.
- Screening for Prostate Cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1901
- Optum SES (v5.0).2021https://doi.org/10.57761/phra-vp46 (Redivis. (Dataset))
- Cost-Effectiveness of Active Surveillance, Radical Prostatectomy and External Beam Radiotherapy for Localized Prostate Cancer: An Analysis of the ProtecT Trial.Journal of Urology. 2019; 202: 964-972
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH, NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE. Prostate Cancer Screening | Cancer Trends Progress Report. https://progressreport.cancer.gov/detection/prostate_cancer#field_data_source.
US Census Bureau. Age and Sex Composition in the United States: 2018. Census.gov https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2018/demo/age-and-sex/2018-age-sex-composition.html.
- Racial differences in PSA screening interval and stage at diagnosis.Cancer Causes Control. 2010; 21: 1071-1080
- Racial/ethnic differences in predictors of PSA screening in a tri-ethnic population.Cent Eur J Public Health. 2011; 19: 30-34
- Racial and Ethnic Variation in PSA Testing and Prostate Cancer Incidence Following the 2012 USPSTF Recommendation.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 719-726
- Prostate Cancer Screening Guidelines for Black Men: Spotlight on an Empty Stage.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 650-651
- Ethnic variation in health-related quality of life among low-income men with prostate cancer.Ethn Dis. 2005; 15: 461-468
- Assessing anxiety in Black men with prostate cancer: further data on the reliability and validity of the Memorial Anxiety Scale for Prostate Cancer (MAX-PC).Support Care Cancer. 2016; 24: 2905-2911
- Understanding the psychosocial issues of African American couples surviving prostate cancer.J Cancer Educ. 2012; 27: 546-558
- Prostate cancer diagnosis: the impact on patients’ mental health.Eur J Cancer. 2006; 42: 165-170
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Prior Presentations: An abstract related to this work was presented at the 2021 American Urological Society Annual Meeting (Las Vegas, NV, U.S.). This abstract was published: Peterson, D, et al. "PD50-01 Prosteria: A Claims-Based Study of Demographic and Temporal Trends in Frequent Prostate Specific Antigen Testing." The Journal of Urology 206. Supplement 3 (2021): e851.