Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impotence and its medical and psychosocial correlates: results of the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.J Urol. 1994; 151: 54-61https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(17)34871-1
- Patient and partner satisfaction after AMS inflatable penile prosthesis implant.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 304-309https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01499.x
- Satisfaction and complications with the Titan® one-touch release penile implant.Scand J Urol. 2014; 48: 105-109https://doi.org/10.3109/21681805.2013.808695
- Erectile dysfunction: AUA guideline.J Urol. 2018; 200: 633
- Best practice policy statement on urologic surgery antimicrobial prophylaxis.J Urol. 2008; 179 ([published correction appears in J Urol. 2008 Nov;180(5):2262-3]): 1379-1390https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2008.01.068
Wolf JS Jr, Bennett CJ, Dmochowski RR, et al. Best practice policy statement on urologic surgery antimicrobial prophylaxis (2012). Published 2008; Reviewed and Validity Confirmed 2011; Amended 2012.
- A critique of the American Urological Association penile prosthesis antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines.J Sex Med. 2021; 18: 1-3https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.10.010
- EAU Guidelines on Urological Infections. Electronic Version.EAU Guidelines Office, Arnhem, The Netherlands2022 (ISBN 978-94-92671-16-5)
- Comparison of guideline recommendations for antimicrobial prophylaxis in urologic procedures: variability, lack of consensus, and contradictions.Int Urol Nephrol. 2018; 50: 1923-1937https://doi.org/10.1007/s11255-018-1971-1
- Premier Healthcare Database White Paper: Data that Informs and Performs.Premier Applied Sciences®, Premier Inc, 2020 (Available at:)
- Multicenter investigation of the micro-organisms involved in penile prosthesis infection: an analysis of the efficacy of the AUA and EAU guidelines for penile prosthesis prophylaxis.J Sex Med. 2017; 14: 455-463https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2017.01.007
- A multicenter investigation examining American Urological Association recommended antibiotic prophylaxis vs nonstandard prophylaxis in preventing device infections in penile prosthesis surgery in diabetic patients.J Urol. 2020; 204: 969-975https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001158
- Compliance with American Urological Association guidelines for nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer remains poor: assessing factors associated with noncompliance and survival in a rural state.Urology. 2019; 132: 150-155https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.06.021
- Variations in perioperative antibiotic prescriptions among academic urologists after ambulatory endoscopic urologic surgery: impact on infection rates and validation of 2019 Best Practice Statement.Urology. 2020; 146: 101-106https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.07.049
- Overuse of antimicrobial prophylaxis in community practice urology.J Urol. 2015; 193: 543-547https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2014.08.107
- FDA adds “black box” warning label to fluoroquinolone antibiotics.BMJ. 2008; 337 (a816. Published 2008 Jul 15)https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.a816
- Analysis of hospital readmissions after prosthetic urologic surgery in the United States: nationally representative estimates of causes, costs, and predictive factors.J Sex Med. 2017; 14: 1059-1065https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2017.06.003
- Impact of post-hospital syndrome on penile prosthesis outcomes: a period of global health risk.J Urol. 2019; 201: 154-159https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2018.08.039
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Financial Disclosure: Nahid Punjani was supported by the Theresa and Wallace.Fund of the New York Community Trust. Jonathan Shoag is supported by the Frederick J. and Theresa Dow Fund of the New York Community Trust, the Vinney Scholars Award, and a Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Physician Scientist Training Award. The work presented here was not directly funded by an outside organization or sponsor. The authors of this manuscript have no financial interests or relationships relevant to the content of this manuscript.