Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgeon volume and operative mortality in the United States.N. Engl. J. Med. 2003; 349: 2117-2127
- Impact of hospital volume on operative mortality for major cancer surgery.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1747-1751
- Relationship between surgeon volume and outcomes: a systematic review of systematic reviews.Syst. Rev. Pharm. 2016; 5: 1-15
- Systematic review of the volume–outcome relationship for radical prostatectomy.Eur Urol Focus. 2018; 4: 775-789
- Hospital volume is a determinant of postoperative complications, blood transfusion and length of stay after radical or partial nephrectomy.J. Urol. 2012; 187: 405-410
- Volume outcomes of cystectomy—is it the surgeon or the setting?.J. Urol. 2012; 188: 2139-2144
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the relationship between hospital/surgeon volume and outcome for radical cystectomy: an update for the ongoing debate.Eur. Urol. 2011; 59: 775-783
- A systematic review of the volume–outcome relationship for radical prostatectomy.Eur. Urol. 2013; 64: 786-798
- Effect of centralization on complex surgical care: a population-based case study of radical cystectomy.Can Urol Assoc J. 2020; 14: 91
- Value-based healthcare in urology: a collaborative review.Eur. Urol. 2021; 79: 571-585
- Where are we with improving outcome guidance? An update on pelvic urological services in the NHS.J Clin Urol. 2017; 10: 29-33
- Impact of hospital volume and laser use on postoperative complications and in-hospital mortality in cases of benign prostate hyperplasia.J. Urol. 2011; 185: 2248-2253
- Hospital volume and mortality for 25 types of inpatient treatment in German hospitals: observational study using complete national data from 2009 to 2014.BMJ Open. 2017; 7e016184
- Transurethral resection of the prostate with monopolar resectoscope: single-surgeon experience and long-term results of after 3589 procedures.Urology. 2011; 78: 1151-1155
- Does surgeon experience affect operative time, adverse events and continence outcomes in holmium laser enucleation of the prostate? A review of more than 1,000 cases.J. Urol. 2017; 198: 663-670
- Safety and efficacy of outpatient surgical procedures for the treatment of benign prostatic enlargement in New York State and California (2005-2016).J. Urol. 2021; 205: 848-854
- Toward a consensus on centralization in surgery.Ann. Surg. 2018; 268: 712-724
- Ambulatory-based bladder outlet procedures offer significant cost savings and comparable 30-day outcomes relative to inpatient procedures.J. Endourol. 2020; 34: 1248-1254
- Access denied: The relationship between patient insurance status and access to high-volume hospitals.Cancer. 2021; 127: 577-585
- Disparities in access to care at high-volume institutions for uro-oncologic procedures.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4421-4426
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
David-Dan Nguyen and David Bouhadana contributed equally.
Financial Disclosure: BC is a consultant for Boston Scientific, Olympus, Medeon Bio, Urovant, and Ferring. NB and KCZ are consultants and investigators for Boston Scientific, Olympus, and PROCEPT BioRobotics. DSE is a consultant for Boston Scientific, Olympus, Prodeon, PROCEPT BioRobotics, Urotronic, and Zenflow. All other authors report no relevant conflicts of interest.