Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of lower urinary tract symptoms attributed to benign prostatic hyperplasia: AUA GUIDELINE PART I-Initial work-up and medical management.J Urol. 2021; 206: 806-817
- The American Urological Association symptom index for benign prostatic hyperplasia. The measurement committee of the American Urological Association.J Urol. 1992; 148: 1549-1557
- Prevalence and characteristics of urinary incontinence in a treatment seeking male prospective cohort: results from the LURN study.J Urol. 2018; 200: 397-404
- The comprehensive assessment of self-reported urinary symptoms: a new tool for research on subtypes of patients with lower urinary tract symptoms.J Urol. 2019; 201: 1177-1183
- A new outcome measure for LUTS: symptoms of lower urinary tract dysfunction research network symptom Index-29 (LURN SI-29) questionnaire.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019; 38: 1751-1759
- A new brief clinical assessment of lower urinary tract symptoms for women and men: LURN SI-10.J Urol. 2020; 203: 164-170
- Impact of sleep disturbance, physical function, depression and anxiety on male lower urinary tract symptoms: results from the symptoms of lower urinary tract dysfunction research network (LURN).J Urol. 2022; 208: 155-163
- Management of lower urinary tract symptoms attributed to benign prostatic hyperplasia: AUA GUIDELINE PART II-Surgical evaluation and treatment.J Urol. 2021; 206: 818-826
- Prevalence of post-micturition symptoms in association with lower urinary tract symptoms and health-related quality of life in men and women.BJU Int. 2011; 108: 1452-1458
- Prevalence of urinary incontinence in men: results from the national health and nutrition examination survey.J Urol. 2010; 184: 1022-1027
- The International Continence Society (ICS) report on the terminology for adult male lower urinary tract and pelvic floor symptoms and dysfunction.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019; 38: 433-477
- The prevalence of urinary incontinence among community dwelling men: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination survey.J Urol. 2006; 176: 2103-2108
- Can 7 or 30-Day recall questions capture self-reported lower urinary tract symptoms accurately?.J Urol. 2019; 202: 770-778
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
This study was presented in part at AUA 2021 (MP28-04; https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000002025.04). The LURN SI-10 and LURN-SI-29 questionnaires, user manuals, and further information about development of these questionnaires as part of LURN are publicly available at: https://nih-lurn.org/Resources/Questionnaires.Funding Statement: This study received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.