Abbreviations:NRD (Nationwide Readmissions Database), No CLD (No chronic liver disease), CLD (Chronic liver disease), DC (Decompensated cirrhosis), ICD-10: PCS/CM (International Classification of Diseases, Tenth revision, Procedural Classification System and Clinical Modification), LOS (Length of stay), MIS (Minimally invasive surgery), NSQIP (National Surgical Quality Improvement Program), MELD (Model for End-Stage Liver Disease), AS (Active surveillance), RCC (Renal cell carcinoma), SRM (Small renal mass)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Contemporary Epidemiology of Chronic Liver Disease and Cirrhosis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 2650-2666https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CGH.2019.07.060
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure: an update.Gut. 2017; 66: 541-553https://doi.org/10.1136/GUTJNL-2016-312670
Martin Andrea Di Martini Sandy Feng Robert Brown P, Michael Fallon J. Evaluation for Liver Transplantation in Adults: 2013 Practice Guideline by the AASLD and the American Society of Transplantation Jump to: CONTENTS RECOMMENDATIONS FULL TEXT REFERENCES FORWARD Evaluation for Liver Transplantation in Adults: 2013 Practice Guideline by AASLD and AST. Published online 2013.
- Epidemiologic Signatures in Cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1378-1386https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmsr1905447
- Pretransplant solid organ malignancy and organ transplant candidacy: A consensus expert opinion statement.Am J Transplant. 2021; 21: 460-474https://doi.org/10.1111/AJT.16318
- Short-term postoperative outcomes of colorectal cancer among patients with chronic liver disease: a national population-based study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020511https://doi.org/10.1136/BMJOPEN-2017-020511
- Management of Renal Masses and Localized Renal Cancer: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.J Urol. 2016; 196: 989-999https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JURO.2016.04.081
- Renal Cancer: Renal Mass & Localized Renal Cancer Guideline - American Urological Association.American Urological Association, 2017 (PublishedAccessed February 10, 2022)https://www.auanet.org/guidelines/guidelines/renal-cancer-renal-mass-and-localized-renal-cancer-guideline
NRD Overview. Accessed January 21, 2022. https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nrdoverview.jsp
D'amico G, Garcia-Tsao G, Pagliaro L. Natural history and prognostic indicators of survival in cirrhosis: A systematic review of 118 studies. doi:10.1016/j.jhep.2005.10.013
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) | HealthData.gov.HealthData.Gov, November 27, 2017 (PublishedAccessed April 7, 2022)
- A modification of the Elixhauser comorbidity measures into a point system for hospital death using administrative data.Med Care. 2009; 47: 626-633https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0B013E31819432E5
- Systematic review of comorbidity indices for administrative data.Med Care. 2012; 50: 1109-1118https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0B013E31825F64D0
CPI Home : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Accessed January 21, 2022. https://www.bls.gov/cpi/
- Regression Shrinkage and Selection Via the Lasso.J R Stat Soc Ser B. 1996; 58: 267-288https://doi.org/10.1111/J.2517-6161.1996.TB02080.X
- Perioperative Evaluation and Management of Patients With Cirrhosis: Risk Assessment, Surgical Outcomes, and Future Directions.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18 (e3): 2398-2414https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CGH.2019.07.051
- Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) Predicts Nontransplant Surgical Mortality in Patients With Cirrhosis.Ann Surg. 2005; 242: 244https://doi.org/10.1097/01.SLA.0000171327.29262.E0
- Surgical procedures are well tolerated by patients with asymptomatic chronic hepatitis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 1986; 8: 542-544https://doi.org/10.1097/00004836-198610000-00010
- Delayed nephrectomy has comparable long-term overall survival to immediate nephrectomy for cT1a renal cell carcinoma: A population-based analysis.Urol Oncol. 2020; 38: 74.e13-74.e20https://doi.org/10.1016/J.UROLONC.2019.11.008
- Outcomes of Active Surveillance for Young Patients with Small Renal Masses: Prospective Data from the DISSRM Registry.J Urol. 2021; 205: 1286-1293https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001575
- Renal Cell Carcinoma in the Native and Allograft Kidneys of Renal Transplant Recipients.J Urol. 2011; 186: 219-223https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JURO.2011.03.032
- De Novo Cancer Incidence after Kidney Transplantation in South Korea from 2002 to 2017.J Clin Med. 2021; 10https://doi.org/10.3390/JCM10163530
- Increased cancer risk after liver transplantation: a population-based study.J Hepatol. 2001; 34: 84-91https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-8278(00)00077-5
- Prevalence and survival prognosis of prostate cancer in patients with end-stage renal disease: a retrospective study based on the Korea national database (2003–2010).Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 64250https://doi.org/10.18632/ONCOTARGET.19453
- Ablation versus Resection for Stage 1A Renal Cell Carcinoma: National Variation in Clinical Management and Selected Outcomes.Radiology. 2018; 288: 889-897https://doi.org/10.1148/RADIOL.2018172960
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Stage I Renal Cell Carcinoma: National Treatment Trends and Outcomes Compared to Partial Nephrectomy and Thermal Ablation.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2020; 31: 564-571https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JVIR.2019.11.009
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This project was supported by the UCLA Department of Urology and Surgery.
The authors listed have no financial conflicts of interest to disclose.
The authors listed have no competing interests to declare.