- Brooks-LaSure C
- Fowler E
- Seshamani M
- Tsai D.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Innovation at the centers for medicare and medicaid services: avision for the next 10 years | health affairs.Health Affairs Blog. 2021; (Published Accessed November 2, 2021)
Makarov D v, Penson, David F. The state of the urology workforce and practice in the United States; 2021. https://www.AUAnet.org/common/pdf/.
- Alternative payment models and urology.Curr Opin Urol. 2017; 27: 360-365https://doi.org/10.1097/mou.0000000000000403
MIPS Value Pathways (MVPs): which path is right for you? 2017 https://blog.medisolv.com/articles/mips-value-pathways. Accessed May 4, 2022.
- Medicare Program; CY 2022 Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Changes to Part B Payment Policies; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; Provider Enrollment Regulation Updates; and Provider and Supplier Prepayment and Post-Payment Medical Review Requirements.2021https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/11/19/2021-23972/medicare-program-cy-2022-payment-policies-under-the-physician-fee-schedule-and-other-changes-to-part(Accessed April 28, 2022)
- Alternative Payment Model (APM) Framework.2017
- Preserving independent urology: LUGPA's first decade.Rev Urol. 2019; 21: 102-108
- Conservative management of low-risk prostate cancer: apath to value-based care.Urol Pract. 2022; 9: 195-197https://doi.org/10.1097/UPJ.0000000000000297
- Enhancing Oncology Model.CMS Innovation Center, 2022Accessed September 23, 2022)
Kaplan AL, Ellimoottil C, Rosenthal JT. Five lessons from 30 years of bundled payments. Health Affairs Forefront. https://doi.org/10.1377/FOREFRONT.20161003.056892
Radiation Oncology Model. CMS Innovation Center. 2022. https://innovation.cms.gov/innovation-models/radiation-oncology-model. Accessed September 23, 2022.
Differential Impact on OCM Performance by Cancer Type During COVID-19 PHE Avalere Health. 2022. https://avalere.com/insights/differential-impact-on-ocm-performance-by-cancer-type-during-covid-19-public-health-emergency-phe. Accessed September 24, 2022.
- The LUGPA alternative payment model for initial therapy of newly diagnosed patients with organ-confined prostate cancer: rationale and development.Rev Urol. 2017; 19: 235https://doi.org/10.3909/RIU0779
Bundled Pay Prometheus Analytics. 2022 http://www.prometheusanalytics.net/products/prometheus-bundlepay. Accessed April 28, 2022.
- A practical guide to episode groupers for cost-of-illness analysis in health services research.SAGE Open Med. 2019; 7205031211984020https://doi.org/10.1177/2050312119840200
- BPCI Advanced.CMS Innovation Center, 2022Accessed July 16, 2022)
- Pathways for Specialty Care Coordination and Integration in Population-based Models.CMS, 2022https://www.cms.gov/blog/pathways-specialty-care-coordination-and-integration-population-based-models(Accessed July 16, 2022)
- Accountable care organizations and prostate cancer care.Urol Pract. 2017; 4: 454-461https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urpr.2016.11.001
- Impact of accountable care organizations on prostate cancer screening and biopsies in the United States.Urol Pract. 2019; 6: 159-164https://doi.org/10.1016/J.URPR.2018.07.003
- Medicare accountable care organization enrollment and appropriateness of cancer screening.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 648-654https://doi.org/10.1001/JAMAINTERNMED.2017.8087
- Variation in prostate cancer treatment and spending among Medicare shared savings program accountable care organizations.Cancer. 2018; 124: 3364-3371https://doi.org/10.1002/CNCR.31573
- Physician compensation arrangements and financial performance incentives in US health systems.JAMA Health Forum. 2022; 3e214634https://doi.org/10.1001/JAMAHEALTHFORUM.2021.4634
- Telemedicine and eConsults for hospitalized patients during COVID-19.Urology. 2020; 141: 12https://doi.org/10.1016/J.UROLOGY.2020.04.061
- Physician practice pattern variations in common clinical scenarios within 5 US metropolitan areas.JAMA Health Forum. 2022; 3: e214698https://doi.org/10.1001/JAMAHEALTHFORUM.2021.4698
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This article is part of a collaborative initiative between the Duke-Margolis Center and West Health. Dr. Saunders has a consulting agreement with Yale-New Haven Health System for development of measures and development of quality measurement strategies for the Innovation Center Alternative Payment Models under CMS contract No. 75FCMC18D0042/Task Order No. 75FCMC19F0003, “Quality Measure Development and Analytic Support,” Option Year 2. Dr. McClellan is an independent director on the boards of Johnson & Johnson, Cigna, Alignment Health care, and PrognomIQ; co-chairs the Guiding Committee for the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network; and receives fees for serving as an adviser for Arsenal Capital Partners, Blackstone Life Sciences, and MITRE.
Disclaimers: This study has not been presented in part at a major research meeting prior to submission for publication.