Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Kidney stones: treatment and prevention.Am Fam Phys. 2019; 99: 490-496
- “How much will I get charged for this?” Patient charges for top ten diagnoses in the emergency department.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e55491
- Urologic diseases in America project: urolithiasis.J Urol. 2005; 173: 848-857
- A prospective study of recurrence rate and risk factors for recurrence after a first renal stone.J Urol. 1999; 162: 27-30
- Urinary stone disease: progress, status, and needs.Urology. 2015; 86: 651-653
- Association of depression and urolithiasis.Urology. 2012; 79: 518-525
- Health related quality of life for stone formers.J Urol. 2012; 188: 436-440
- Determinants of quality of life for patients with kidney stones.J Urol. 2008; 179: 2238-2243
- Health related quality of life differs between male and female stone formers.J Urol. 2007; 178: 2435-2440
- Development of an instrument to assess the health related quality of life of kidney stone formers.J Urol. 2013; 189: 921-930
- Quality of life of patients with nephrolithiasis and recurrent painful renal colic.Nephron - Clin Pract. 2007; 106: c91-c97
- Direct and indirect costs of nephrolithiasis in an employed population: opportunity for disease management?.Kidney Int. 2005; 68: 1808-1814
- Economic impact of urinary stones.Transl Androl Urol. 2014; 3: 278-283
- Economic impact of urologic disease.Urol Dis Am. 2012; : 465-496
- Patient-reported financial toxicity, quality of life, and health behaviors in insured US cancer survivors.Support Care Cancer. 2021; 29: 349-358
- The development of a financial toxicity patient-reported outcome in cancer: the COST measure.Cancer. 2014; 120: 3245-3253
- A systematic review of financial toxicity among cancer survivors: we can't pay the co-pay.Patient. 2017; 10: 295-309
- Measuring financial toxicity as a clinically relevant patient-reported outcome: the validation of the COmprehensive Score for financial Toxicity (COST).Cancer. 2017; 123: 476-484
- Financial toxicity among women with metastatic breast cancer.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2019; 46: 83-91
- Patient-reported financial toxicity associated with contemporary treatment for localized prostate cancer.J Urol. 2021; 205: 761-768
- Financial burden among patients with lung cancer in a publically funded health care system.Clin Lung Cancer. 2019; 20: 231-236
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap) - a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Prospective survey of financial toxicity measured by the comprehensive score for financial toxicity in Japanese patients with cancer.J Glob Oncol. 2019; 2019: 1-8
- Trends in pediatric urolithiasis: patient characteristics, associated diagnoses, and financial burden.Pediatr Nephrol. 2015; 30: 805-810
- Evaluating meaningful levels of financial toxicity in gynecologic cancers.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2021; 31: 801-806
- Medication nonadherence and effectiveness of preventive pharmacological therapy for kidney stones.J Urol. 2016; 195: 648-652
- The financial effects of kidney stone prevention.Kidney Int. 1996; 50: 1706-1712
- Disparities in kidney stone disease: a scoping review.J Urol. 2021; 206: 517-525
- Disparities in care among patients presenting to the emergency department for urinary stone disease.Urolithiasis. 2020; 48: 217-225
- Influence of socioeconomic factors on stone burden at presentation to tertiary referral center: data from the registry for stones of the kidney and ureter.Urology. 2019; 131: 57-63
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no relevant conflicts of interest to disclose.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: The publication described was supported by CTSA award No. UL1 TR002243 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent official views of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences or the National Institutes of Health.