Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Program Directors' criteria for selection into urology residency.Urology. 2015; 85: 731-736https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2014.12.041
- How competitive is my surgical specialty?.Am J Surg. 2002; 184: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9610(02)00890-5
AUA. Urology Residency Match Statistics. 2022
- Evaluating urology residency applications: What matters most and what comes next?.Curr Urol Rep. 2020; 21: 37https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-020-00993-0
- The urology applicant: an analysis of contemporary urology residency candidates.Urology. 2018; 115: 51-58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.10.065
- An update on the current status of medical student urology education in the United States.Urology. 2014; 84: 743-747https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2014.06.003
- The continued decline of formal urological education of medical students in the United States: does it matter?.J Urol. 2006; 175: 2243-2247https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(06)00314-4
- Which medical schools produce the most neurosurgery residents? An analysis of the 2014-2020 cohort.J Neurosurg. 2021; 2021: 1-13https://doi.org/10.3171/2021.7.Jns211530
Gender identification by name using NLTK. 2022. Available: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/python-gender-identification-by-name-using-nltk/
AUA. Urology residency match statistics. 2020, 2021, 2022.
- The gatekeeper disparity-why do some medical schools send more medical students into urology?.J Urol. 2011; 185: 647-652https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.09.113
- Reversing the decline in urology residency applications: an analysis of medical school factors critical to maintaining student interest.Urology. 2020; 136: 51-57https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.10.028
- The current status of medical student urological education in the United States.J Urol. 2008; 179: 1087-109090https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2007.10.068
- PubMed-indexed research productivity of students matching at top urology programs: 2017-2020.Urology. 2020;; 144: 52-58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.06.049
- PD30-06trends in PubMed-indexed research in matched urology applicants: yearly analysis of the 2017-2021 match cycles.J Urol. 2022; 207: e512https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000002578.06
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding Support: This work is supported by a grant from the National Cancer Institute ( P30CA072720 )
Conflict of Interest: All authors have no significant conflict of interest to declare.
Availability of Data and Material: The raw dataset generated and/or analyzed during the current study are not publicly available but are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request with approval by the Brown Institutional Review Board. Summaries of the dataset are displayed in the text.
Author Contributions: JEK and IEK contributed to the conception and design of the study, data acquisition and interpretation, and drafting and editing the article. JL and RL aided in designing the study and data acquisition and drafting and editing the article. RS and LK contributed in data acquisition and drafting and editing the article. EAS, DV, and SG contributed to drafting and editing the article. TLJ supervised the project, contributed to conception and design of the study, and drafting and editing the article.