MATERIALS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Enhanced recovery after surgery protocol for patients undergoing ureteroscopy: prospective evaluation of an opioid-free protocol | J Endourol. Accessed February 17, 2022. Available at: https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/end.2019.0552
- Large reduction in opioid prescribing by a multipronged behavioral intervention after major urologic surgery.Cancer. 2021; 127: 257-265https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33200
- Preventing excess narcotic prescriptions in new robotic surgery discharges: the PENN prospective cohort quality improvement initiative.J Endourol. 2020; 34: 48-53https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2019.0362
Drug overdose deaths soared to a record 93,000 last year. Washington Post. Available at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/14/drug-overdoses-pandemic-2020/. Accessed February 17, 2022.
- Opioid-prescribing guidelines for common surgical procedures: an expert panel consensus.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 227: 411-418https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2018.07.659
- National variation in opioid prescription fills and long-term use in opioid naïve patients after urological surgery.J Urol. 2019; 202: 1036-1043https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000343
- Excessive opioid prescribing after major urologic procedures.Urology. 2018; 123: 101-107https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2018.06.057
- Prescription opioid analgesics commonly unused after surgery: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 1066-1071https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0831
- Comparison of prescribing patterns before and after implementation of evidence-based opioid prescribing guidelines for the postoperative urologic surgery patient.Am J Surg. 2020; 220: 499-504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2019.11.037
- Implementation of a reduced opioid utilization protocol for radical cystectomy.Bladder Cancer. 2020; 6: 33-42https://doi.org/10.3233/BLC-190243
- Prospective implementation of a nonopioid protocol for patients undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy with extracorporeal urinary diversion.Urol Oncol. 2019; 37: 300.e17-300.e23https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2019.02.002
- Implementation of a nonopioid protocol following robot-assisted radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion.Urol Oncol. 2021; 39: 436.e9-436.e16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2021.01.002
AUA position statement: opioid use - american urological association. Accessed February 17, 2022. Available at: https://www.auanet.org/guidelines/guidelines/opioid-use
- Minimally invasive versus open approach for cystectomy: trends in the utilization and demographic or clinical predictors using the national cancer database.Urology. 2017; 103: 99-105https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.02.018
- Prescribing trends in post-operative pain management after urologic surgery: a quality care investigation for Healthcare providers.Urology. 2021; 153: 156-163https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.11.070
- Rates and risk factors for prolonged opioid use after major surgery: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2014; 348: g1251https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g1251
Funding/Disclosures: Bruce Jacobs is supported in part by the Shadyside Hospital Foundation. Dr. Gul is sponsored by the Thomas H. Nimick, Jr. Competitive Research Fund, The Tippins Foundation and The Urology Care Foundation