Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Urologic Association & Society of Urologic Oncology. Diagnosis and treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. 2020.https://www.auanet.org/documents/education/clinical-guidance/non-muscle-invasive-bladder-cancer.pdf
National Comprehensive Cancer Society. NCCN guidelines for bladder cancer. 2020. https://jnccn.org/view/journals/jnccn/18/3/article-p329.xml
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC Studies.European Urology. 2002; 41: 523-531https://doi.org/10.1016/S0302-2838(02)00068-4
- Repeat transurethral resection for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a contemporary series.BJU Int. 2016; 117: 54-59https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.13265
- Detrusor muscle in TUR-derived bladder tumor specimens: can we actually improve the surgical quality?.J Endourol. 2016; 30: 400-405https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2015.0591
- Presence of detrusor muscle in bladder tumor specimens–predictors and effect on outcome as a measure of resection quality.Urol Oncol. 2014; 32: 40https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2013.04.009
- Long-term outcomes from re-resection for high-risk non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a potential to rationalize use.Eur Urol Focus. 2019; 5: 650-657https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2017.10.004
- Enhanced quality and effectiveness of transurethral resection of bladder tumour in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multicentre real-world experience from Scotland's quality performance indicators programme.Eur Urol. 2020; 78: 520-530https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2020.06.051
- Surgeon scorecards improve muscle sampling on transurethral resection of bladder tumor and recurrence outcomes in patients with nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer.J Urol. 2021; 205: 693-700https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001372
- Clinical under staging of high risk nonmuscle invasive urothelial carcinoma treated with radical cystectomy.J Urol. 2001; 166: 490-493
- The value of a second transurethral resection in evaluating patients with bladder tumors.J Urol. 1999; 162: 74-76https://doi.org/10.1097/00005392-199907000-00018
- Detrusor muscle in the first, apparently complete transurethral resection of bladder tumour specimen is a surrogate marker of resection quality, predicts risk of early recurrence, and is dependent on operator experience.Eur Urol. 2010; 57: 843-849https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2009.05.047
- Surgical skill and complication rates after bariatric surgery.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1434-1442https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1300625
- Association between surgeon technical skills and patient outcomes.JAMA Surg. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2020.3007
- Association between surgical technical kkill and long-term survival for colon cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2021; 7: 127-129https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2020.5462
- Objective structured assessment of technical skill (OSATS) for surgical residents.Br J Surg. 1997; 84: 273-278https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2168.1997.02502.x
- Michigan bariatric surgery collaborative. Video ratings of surgical skill and late outcomes of bariatric surgery.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151e160428https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2016.0428
- Current status of technical skills assessment tools in surgery: a systematic review.J Surg Res. 2020; 246: 342-378https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2019.09.006
Krippendorff K. Computing Krippendorff's alpha-reliability. Departmental Papers (ASC). Available at: https://repository.upenn.edu/asc_papers/43. Accessed December 18, 2020.
- Ill-structured measurement designs in organizational research: implications for estimating interrater reliability.J Appl Psychol. 2008; 93: 959-981https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.93.5.959
- Development and assessment of the Wisconsin surgical coaching rubric.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 486-492https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2020.0424
- Optimizing the implementation of surgical coaching through feedback from practicing surgeons.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 42-49https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2020.4581
- Achieving quality assurance of prostate cancer surgery during reorganisation of cancer services.Eur Urol. 2015; 68: 22-29https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2015.02.028
- Video review for measuring and improving skill in urological surgery.Nat Rev Urol. 2019; 16: 261-267https://doi.org/10.1038/s41585-018-0138-2
Funding Support: The authors acknowledge the support of the Dixon Translational Research Grants Initiative at Northwestern Medicine and the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (UL1 TR001422), which made possible design/conduct of the study, collection of data, and the management of data.
Data collection was made possible using REDCap electronic data capture tools hosted at the Northwestern University's Clinical and Translational Science Institute, funded in part by a Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant number UL1TR001422.