Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Anon: Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) overview-QPP. 2021. Available at: https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/overview, accessed November 15, 2021.
- The LUGPA alternative payment model for initial therapy of newly diagnosed patients with organ-confined prostate cancer: rationale and development.Rev Urol. 2017; 19: 235-245
Anon: Congress should replace medicare's merit-based incentive payment system | health affairs blog. Available at: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20180222.35120/full, accessed December 18, 2021.
- Time and financial costs for physician practices to participate in the medicare merit-based incentive payment system: a qualitative study.JAMA Health Forum. 2021; 2e210527
- Can small physician practices survive?: sharing services as a path to viability.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1321-1322
- Physician consolidation: rapid movement from small to large group practices, 2013–15.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 1638-1642
- A qualitative study into the perceived barriers of accessing healthcare among a vulnerable population involved with a community center in Romania.Int J Equity Health. 2018; 17: 41
- Value-based purchasing and physician professionalism.JAMA. 2019; 322: 1647-1648
- Association between hospital penalty status under the hospital readmission reduction program and readmission rates for target and nontarget conditions.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2647-2656
- The value-based payment modifier: program outcomes and implications for disparities.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168: 255-265
Anon: Support for small, underserved, and rural practices - QPP. Available at: https://qpp.cms.gov/resources/small-underserved-rural-practices, accessed December 10, 2021.
Anon: Medicare data on provider practice and specialty (MD-PPAS) | ResDAC. Available at: https://resdac.org/cms-data/files/md-ppas, accessed December 10, 2021.
- Urologist practice structure and quality of prostate cancer care.Urol Pract. 2020; 7: 419-424
Anon: Doctors and clinicians | Provider data catalog. Available at:https://data.cms.gov/provider-data/topics/doctors-clinicians, accessed December 10, 2021.
Anon: Medicare provider utilization and payment data: physician and other supplier | CMS. Available at:https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Provider-Charge-Data/Physician-and-Other-Supplier, accessed December 10, 2021.
- Practice-level adoption of conservative management for prostate cancer.J Oncol Pract. 2019; 15: e863-e869
- Participation and performance of dermatologists in the 2017 merit-based incentive payment system.JAMA Dermatol. 2020; 156: 466-468
- Otolaryngologist performance in the merit-based incentive payment system in 2018.Otolaryngol–Head Neck Surg Off J Am Acad Otolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2021; 166 (1945998211032896)
- How did orthopaedic surgeons perform in the 2018 centers for medicaid and medicare services merit-based incentive payment system?.Clin Orthop. 2021; 480: 8-22
- Association of practice size and pay-for-performance incentives with the quality of diabetes management in primary care.CMAJ Can Med Assoc J J Assoc Medicale Can. 2011; 183: E809-E816
- Does practice size matter? Review of effects on quality of care in primary care.Br J Gen Pract J R Coll Gen Pract. 2013; 63: e604-e610
- Physician Practice Leaders’ Perceptions of Medicare's Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 1-7
- Maximizing Performance in Medicare's merit based incentive payment system: a financial model to optimize health information technology resource allocation.Inq J Med Care Organ Provis Financ. 2020; 57 (0046958020971237)
- Association between patient social risk and physician performance scores in the first year of the merit-based incentive payment system.JAMA. 2020; 324: 975-983
- Evaluation of the merit-based incentive payment system and surgeons caring for patients at high social risk.JAMA Surg. 2021; (accessed August 24, 2021)https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2021.3746
- Physician consolidation: rapid movement from small to large group practices, 2013-15.Health Aff Proj Hope. 2016; 35: 1638-1642
- A systematic review of vertical integration and quality of care, efficiency, and patient-centered outcomes.Health Care Manage Rev. 2019; 44: 159-173
- High-price and low-price physician practices do not differ significantly on care quality or efficiency.Health Aff Proj Hope. 2017; 36: 855-864
- The effect of hospital/physician integration on hospital choice.Nat Bureau Econom Res. 2015; (Available at:) (accessed December 24, 2021)
Funding Disclosure: Avinash Maganty and Lillian Lai are supported by funding from National Cancer Institute Advanced Training in Urologic Oncology T32 Grant No T32CA180984.
Brent Hollenbeck and Vahakn Shahinian are supported by research funding from AHRQ (RO1 HS025707).