Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- BPH: epidemiology and comorbidities.Am J Manag Care. Apr 2006; 12: S122-S128
- Economic costs of benign prostatic hyperplasia in the private sector.J Urol. Apr 2005; 173: 1309-1313https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ju.0000152318.79184.6f
- Storage and voiding symptoms: pathophysiologic aspects.Urology. Nov 2003; 62: 3-10https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2003.09.030
- The results of prostatectomy: a symptomatic and urodynamic analysis of 152 patients.J Urol. May 1979; 121: 640-642https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(17)56918-9
- Nocturia: escaping the “prostate-centric” approach.J Urol. 2011; 3: 781-782
- Effect of bladder outlet obstruction on micturition reflex pathways in the rat.J Urol. Oct 1988; 140: 864-871https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(17)41846-5
- Persistently increased voiding frequency despite relief of bladder outlet obstruction.J Urol. 1999; 161: 1689-1693
- A PET study on brain control of micturition in humans.Brain. 1997; 120: 111-121
- PD04-01 Changes in brain activity following intradetrusor injection of onabotulinumtoxina in patients with multiple sclerosis: an fMRI study.J Urol. 2018; 199: e77
- PD04-02 Supraspinal control variaitons in multiple sclerosis patients who void spontanously verus patients with voiding dysfunction.J Urol. 2018; 199: e77-e78
- Higher neural contribution underlying persistent lower urinary tract symptoms in men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia undergoing bladder outlet procedures.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. Mar 2020; 17100498https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conctc.2019.100498
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging during urodynamic testing identifies brain structures initiating micturition.J Urol. Oct 2014; 192: 1149-1154https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2014.04.090
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging with concurrent urodynamic testing identifies brain structures involved in micturition cycle in patients with multiple sclerosis.J Urol. 02 2017; 197: 438-444https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2016.09.077
- Clinical physiology of micturition.1st edn. Textbook of Female Urology and Urogynecology. 12. 1999: 125-138 (Chapt)
- Effects of short-term partial bladder outlet obstruction on the rabbit detrusor: an ultrastructural study.Neurourol Urodyn. 1989; 8: 89-116
- Gender differences in voluntary micturition control: an fMRI study.Neuroimage. 2008; 43: 183-191https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.07.044
- Brain activation in response to bladder filling in healthy adults: An activation likelihood estimation meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies.Neurourol Urodyn. 2017; 36: 960-965https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.23058
- A decade of functional brain imaging applied to bladder control.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 49-55https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20740
- Brain activation during the voiding phase of micturition in healthy adults: a meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies.Clin Anat. 2019; 32: 13-19https://doi.org/10.1002/ca.23244
- Supraspinal control of urine storage and micturition in men–an fMRI study.Cereb Cortex. Oct 2015; 25: 3369-3380https://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhu140
- Cerebral activation during micturition in normal men.Brain. 2000; 123: 781-789https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/123.4.781
- Neural systems supporting interoceptive awareness.Nat Neurosci. 2004; 7: 189-195https://doi.org/10.1038/nn1176
- Different functions in the cingulate cortex, a meta-analytic connectivity modeling study.Neuroimage. 2011; 56: 2157-2172https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2011.03.066
- Brain activity measured by functional magnetic resonance imaging is related to patient reported urgency urinary incontinence severity.J Urol. Jan 2010; 183: 221-228https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.08.155
- Neural mechanisms of pelvic organ cross-sensitization.Neuroscience. 2007; 149: 660-672https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2007.07.053
- Estimating sample size in functional MRI (fMRI) neuroimaging studies: statistical power analyses.J Neurosci Methods. 2002; 118: 115-128https://doi.org/10.1016/s0165-0270(02)00121-8
- Maximum and average urine flow rates in normal male and female populations—the Liverposl nomograms.Br J Urol. 1989; 64: 30-38
Funding Support: Pilot project funding through University of Pittsburgh O'Brien Cooperative Research Center program U54DK112079. Dr. Khavari reports that she is partially supported by K23DK118209, by National Institute of Heath, NIDDK and by Houston Methodist Clinician Scientist Award.
IRB Approval: This is an Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved study.