Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Centers for disease control and prevention (CDC). Conclusion and future directions: CDC health disparities and inequalities report - United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. Surveill Summ (Washington, D.C.: 2002). 2013; 62: 184-186
- Access to health and health care: how race and ethnicity matter.Mt Sinai J Med. 2010; 77: 166-177https://doi.org/10.1002/msj.20174
- Transforming clinical practice to eliminate racial-ethnic disparities in healthcare.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 685-691https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-007-0481-0
- Urologic diseases in America.in: Litwin MS Saigal CS US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2012: 213-248 (NIH Publication:12-7865)
- Male urethral Stricture: American urological association guideline.J Urol. 2017; 197 (Epub 2016 Aug 3. PMID: 27497791): 182-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2016.07.087
- A comprehensive review emphasizing anatomy, etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of male urethral stricture disease.Biomed Res Int. 2019; 20199046430https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/9046430
- Independent predictors of stricture recurrence following urethroplasty for isolated bulbar urethral strictures.J Urol. 2017; 198: 1107-1112https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.05.006
- Multivariate analysis of risk factors for long-term urethroplasty outcome.J Urol. 2010; 183: 613-617https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.10.018
- Stricture length and etiology as preoperative independent predictors of recurrence after urethroplasty: a multivariate analysis of 604 urethroplasties.Can Urol Assoc J. 2014; 8: E296-E300https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.1661
- Risk factors and timing of early stricture recurrence after urethroplasty.Urology. 2016; 95: 202-207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2016.04.033
- Age ≤40 is an independent predictor of anastomotic urethroplasty and successful repair of bulbar urethral strictures.Transl Androl Urol. 2020; 9: 10-15https://doi.org/10.21037/tau.2019.08.34
- Long-term outcomes of anastomotic urethroplasty for radiation-induced strictures.World J Urol. 2020; 38: 3055-3060https://doi.org/10.1007/s00345-019-03028-7
- The morbidity of urethral stricture disease among male medicare beneficiaries.BMC Urol. 2010; 10: 3https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2490-10-3
- Clinical significance of cystoscopic urethral stricture recurrence after anterior urethroplasty: a multi-institution analysis from trauma and urologic reconstructive network of surgeons (TURNS).World J Urol. 2019; 37: 2763-2768https://doi.org/10.1007/s00345-019-02653-6
- Urologic diseases in America project. Trends in stricture management among male medicare beneficiaries: underuse of urethroplasty?.Urology. 2011; 77: 481-485https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2010.05.055
- The effect of race/ethnicity on histological subtype distribution, stage at presentation and cancer specific survival in urethral cancer [published online ahead of print, 2020 Dec 10].Urol Oncol. 2020; (S1078-1439(20)30618-9)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2020.11.031
- Patient-reported financial toxicity associated with contemporary treatment for localized prostate cancer.J Urol. 2021; 205: 761-768
- Do African American patients treated with radical cystectomy for bladder cancer have worse overall survival? Accounting for pathologic staging and patient demographics beyond race makes a difference.Bladder Cancer. 2016; 2: 225-234https://doi.org/10.3233/BLC-150041
- Geographic distribution of racial differences in prostate cancer mortality.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e201839
Social Science Data Analysis Network. Census scope website. Available at: https://www.censusscope.org/us/rank_race_blackafricanamerican.html. Accessed January 31, 2021.
- Social Causes of Health and Disease.2nd ed. Policy Press, Cambridge2007
- Sociodemographic patterns of chronic disease: how the Mid-South Region compares to the rest of the country.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: S31-S39https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.09.004
- The Healthcare Quality Book.2nd ed. AUPHA Press, Washington, DC2008 (Chicago: Health Administration Press)
- Long-term outcome of urethroplasty after failed urethrotomy versus primary repair.J Urol. 2001; 165: 1918-1919https://doi.org/10.1097/00005392-200106000-00018
- Treatment of male urethral strictures: is repeated dilation or internal urethrotomy useful?.J Urol. 1998; 160: 356-358https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(01)62894-5
- Long-term followup and deterioration rate of anterior substitution urethroplasty.J Urol. 2014; 192: 808-813https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2014.02.038
Financial Disclosure: There are no financial conflicts of interest to disclose.
Funding Support: Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award number UL1TR003096 and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of National Institutes of Health under award number T35HL007473. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.