Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Racial/ethnic health disparities among rural adults-United States, 2012-2015: MMWR surveillance summaries /November 17, 2017; 66; 1-9.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2018; 29: 19-34
- Association of black race with prostate-cancer specific and other-cause mortality.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 975-983
- The role of black and Hispanic physicians in providing health care for underserved populations.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1305-1310
Vespa J, Armstrong DM, Medina L. Demographic turning points for the United States: population projections for 2020 to 2060. Published March 2018. Available at: https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2018/demo/P25_1144.pdf . Accessed June 27, 2019.
- Disparities in human resources: addressing the lack of diversity in the health professions.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: 413-422
- Factors associated with medical school graduates’ intention to work with underserved populations: policy implications for advancing workplace diversity.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 82-89
Association of American Medical Colleges FACTS Tables. https://www.aamc.org/download/321476/data/factstablea10.pdf and https://www.aamc.org/download/321538/data/factstableb6-1.pdf. Accessed July 14, 2021.
- Underrepresented in surgery: (lack of) diversity in academic surgery faculty.Healthc Deliv Qual Saf. 2020; 254: 170-174
- Trends in race/ethnicity among applicants and matriculants to US surgical specialties, 2010-2018.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2023509
- Latino physicians in the United States, 1980-2010: a thirty-year overview from the censuses.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 906-912
American Urological Association. The State of Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States 2018 Linthicum, Maryland, U.S.A., April 5, 2019. Retrieved on February 18, 2020 from https://www.AUAnet.org/common/pdf/research/census/State-Urology-Workforce-Practice-US.pdf. Accessed February 18, 2020.
American Urological Association. Urology Residents in the United States and Across the Globe: 2016-2018. Linthicum, Maryland, U.S.A., February 21, 2019. Retrieved on April 9, 2020 from AUAnet.org/common/pdf/research/census/Urology-Residents-In-the-United-States-and-Across-the-Globe-2016-2018.pdf. Accessed April 9, 2020
- Strategies for attracting women and underrepresented minorities in urology.Curr Urol Rep. 2019; 20: 61
- Examining trends in underrepresented minorities in urology residency.Urology. 2019; 127: 36-41
- Patient-provided race concordance: Does it matter in improving minority patients’ health outcomes?.Ethn Health. 2009; 14: 107-130
- Is patient-provider racial concordance associated with Hispanics’ satisfaction with health care?.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 31
- Reducing racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic disparities in health care: opportunities in national health reform.J Law Med Eth. 2008; 36: 693-702
- Challenges and opportunities of racial diversity in medical education.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 362: 34-39
- Barriers to minorities in the orthopaedic profession.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 362: 44-50
- Strategies to increase racial/ethnic student participation in the nursing profession.ABNF J. 2009; 20: 69-72
- Recruitment, retention and matriculation of ethnic minority nursing students: a University of Mississippi School of Nursing approach.J Cult Divers. 2003; 10: 128-133
- A mentoring pyramid for African-American nursing students.ABNF. 1999; 10: 68-70
- What proportion of women who received funding to attend a Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society Meeting pursued a career in orthopaedics?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477: 1722-1726
- Health career academy: addition of a surgical case-based learning curriculum captures the interest of high school students.J Surg Educ. 2019; 76: 401-407
- Underrepresented minorities are underrepresented among general surgery applicants selected to interview.J Surg Educ. 2019; 76: e15-e23
- Barriers influencing the success of racial and ethnic minority students in nursing programs.J Transcult Nurs. 2005; 16: 155-162
- Underrepresentation of underrepresented minorities in academic medicine: the need to enhance the pipeline and the pipe.Gastroenterology. 2010; 138: 19-26
- Components of effective outreach and recruitment programs for underrepresented minority and low-income dental students.J Dent Educ. 2010; 74: S74-S86
- Meeting the needs of regional minority groups: the University of Washington's programs to increase the American Indian and Alaskan native physician workforce.Acad Med. 2006; 81: 863-870
Hill WL. The myth of the STEM pipeline. Inside Higher Ed 2019. Available at: https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2019/10/02/negative-consequences-pipeline-metaphor-stem-fields-opinion.
www.necs.ed.gov. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Race and socioeconomic status in medical school choice and indebtedness.J Med Educ. 1986; 61: 285-292
- The color of debt: racial disparities in anticipated medical student debt in the United States.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e74693
- Differences in incomes of physicians in the United States by race and sex: observational study.BMJ. 2016; 353: 1-8
- Differences in salaries of physician assistants in the USA by race, ethnicity and sex.J Health Serv Res Policy. 2018; 23: 44-48
- Doctors from ethnic minority backgrounds earn less than white colleagues.BMJ. 2018; 363: k5089
- Medical student debt and primary care specialty intentions.Fam Med. 2010; 42: 616-622