Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The burden of opioid-related mortality in the United States.JAMA Netw Open. 2018; 1e180217
- Increases in drug and opioid overdose deaths–United States, 2000–2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 64: 1378
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths - United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445
- Characteristics of initial prescription episodes and likelihood of long-term opioid use - United States, 2006–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 265
- Long-term analgesic use after low-risk surgery: a retrospective cohort study.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 425
- New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152e170504
- Rates and risk factors for prolonged opioid use after major surgery: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2014; 348: g1251
- Risks of developing persistent opioid use after major surgery.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 1083
- Wide variation in opioid prescribing after urological surgery in tertiary care centers.Mayo Clin Proc. 2019; 94: 262
- Opioid-prescribing patterns, storage, handling, and disposal in postoperative pediatric urology patients.J Pediatr Urol. 2019; 15: 260.e1
- A prospective cohort study of postdischarge opioid practices after radical prostatectomy: the ORIOLES initiative.Eur Urol. 2019; 75: 215
- Post-discharge opioid prescribing and use after common surgical procedure.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 1004
- Wide variation and excessive dosage of opioid prescriptions for common general surgical procedures.Ann Surg. 2017; 265: 709
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Epidemiology. 2007; 18: 800
- What factors affect physicians' decisions to prescribe opioids in emergency departments?.MDM Policy Pract. 2017; 22381468316681006
- Large reduction in opioid prescribing by a multipronged behavioral intervention after major urologic surgery.Cancer. 2021; 127: 257
- National opioid prescription patterns and patient usage after routine vasectomy.Andrologia. 2020; 52: e13563
- Clinical factors associated with practice variation in discharge opioid prescriptions after pancreatectomy.Ann Surg. 2020; 272: 163
- Procedure-Specific Pain Management (PROSPECT) - An update.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2018; 32: 101
- A systematic review of behavioral interventions to decrease opioid prescribing after surgery.Ann Surg. 2020; 271: 266
- Implementation of a quality improvement initiative to decrease opioid prescribing after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 631
- A provincial assessment of the barriers and utilization of enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery.J Surg Res. 2019; 235: 521
- Enhanced recovery after surgery for primary hip and knee arthroplasty: a review of the evidence.Br J Anaesth. 2016; 117: iii62
- Reducing new persistent opioid use after surgery: a review of interventions.Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2021; 25: 27
- Utilization of and barriers to enhanced recovery pathway implementation in pediatric urology.J Pediatr Urol. 2021; 17(3) (:294.e1-294.e9)
- Fighting back: institutional strategies to combat the opioid epidemic: a systematic review.HSS J. 2019; 15: 66
- The effect of the orthopaedic trauma association's (OTA) pain management guidelines on opioid prescriptions, pain control, and refills in outpatient orthopaedic trauma surgery.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2021;
- An educational intervention decreases opioid prescribing after general surgical operations.Ann Surg. 2018; 267: 468
Funding Support: none.
Financial Disclosure: All authors declare no conflict of interests.
Consent for Publication: All authors provide consent for publication.