Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Limitations and barriers in access to care for male factor infertility.Fertil Steril. 2016; 105: 1128-1137
- International estimates of infertility prevalence and treatment-seeking: potential need and demand for infertility medical care.Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 1506-1512
- Explaining disparities in treatment seeking: the case of infertility.Fertil Steril. 2006; 85: 853-857
- Influence of race and ethnicity on in vitro fertilization outcomes: systematic review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 212-224
- Racial disparities in in vitro fertilization outcomes.Fertil Steril. 2015; 104: 398-402
- Socioeconomic disparities in the use and success of fertility treatments: analysis of data from a prospective cohort in the United States.Fertil Steril. 2016; 96: 95-101
- Misrepresenting race - the role of medical schools in propagating physician bias.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 872-878
- The prevalence of socioeconomic and behavioral characteristics and their impact on very low birth weight in black and white infants in Georgia.Matern Child Health J. 2001; 5: 75-84
- Racial differences in self-reported infertility and risk factors for infertility in a cohort of black and white women: the CARDIA Women's Study.Fertil Steril. 2008; 90: 1640-1648
- Quick Facts Georgia.2019
- Hidden in plain sight - reconsidering the use of race correction in clinical algorithms.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 874-882
- The effect of ethnicity on semen analysis and hormones in the infertile patient.Can Urol Assoc J. 2020; 14: 31-35
- Male infertility as a window to health.Fertil Steril. 2018; 110: 810-814
Almquist RG, Fried R, Kawwass JF, Hipp HS. How do Economic Barriers to Care Impact In-vitro fertilization Outcomes and Treatment Continuation? Unpublished Data. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists District IV Annual Meeting, 2020.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests
Funding Support: This work was supported by the 2020 Urology Care Foundation Summer Medical Student Fellowship Program