Subjects and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results: Prostate Cancer — Cancer Stat Facts.2020 (Published Accessed August 17, 2020Available at:)
- Population-based outcomes of men with a single negative prostate biopsy: importance of continued follow-up among older patients.Urol Oncol Semin Orig Investig. 2019; 37: 298.e19-298.e27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2019.01.030
- Repeat prostate biopsy in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian cancer screening trial.BJU Int. 2007; 99: 775-779https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2007.06708.x
- How reliable is 12-core prostate biopsy procedure in the detection of prostate cancer?.J Can Urol Assoc. 2013; 7: 293-298https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.11224
- Complications after systematic, random, and image-guided prostate biopsy.Eur Urol. 2017; 71: 353-365
- The cost of prostate biopsies and their complications: a summary of data on all medicare fee-for-service patients over 2 years.Urol Pract. 2020; 7: 145-151https://doi.org/10.1097/upj.0000000000000072
- Mortality results from a randomized prostate-cancer screening trial.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1310-1319https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0810696
- Extended follow-up for prostate cancer incidence and mortality in the PLCO randomized cancer screening trial.BJU Int. 2019; 123: 854-860https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gde.2016.03.011
- Standard and competing risk analysis of the effect of albuminuria on cardiovascular and cancer mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diagnostic Progn Res. 2018; 2https://doi.org/10.1186/s41512-018-0035-4
- Efficient risk set sampling when a time-dependent exposure is present.Methods Inf Med. 2009; 48: 438-443https://doi.org/10.3414/ME9241
- Long-term outcomes for men in a prostate screening trial with an initial benign prostate biopsy: a population-based cohort.Eur Urol Oncol. 2019; 2: 716-722https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euo.2019.01.016
- Risk of prostate cancer diagnosis and mortality in men with a benign initial transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsy set: a population-based study.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 221-229https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(17)30025-6
- MRI-targeted, systematic, and combined biopsy for prostate cancer diagnosis.New Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 917-928
- Racial /Ethnic patterns in prostate cancer outcomes in an active surveillance cohort.Prostate Caner. 2011; 2011https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/234519
- Update on prostate cancer in black men within the UK.ecancer. 2014; 8https://doi.org/10.3332/ecancer.2014.455
- Prostate biopsy patterns in the CaPSURE Database: evolution with time and impact on outcome after prostatectomy.J Urol. 2008; 179: 136-140
Financial Disclosure: The authors report no conflicts of interest.
Funding Support: Cancer incidence data have been provided by the following state cancer registries: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. All are supported in part by funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Program for Central Registries, local states, or by the National Cancer Institute, Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. The results reported here and the conclusions derived are the sole responsibility of the authors.
This research was supported in part by HCA Healthcare and an HCA Healthcare affiliated entity. The views expressed in this publication represent those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of HCA Healthcare or any of its affiliated entities.
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the views of the National Institutes of Health.