Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
National Cancer Institute. Cancer Stat Facts: Prostate Cancer. Accessed January 23, 2020. Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html
- Cancer statistics, 2020.CA Cancer J Clin. 2020; 70: 7-30https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21590
- Time trends and local variation in primary treatment of localized prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1117-1123https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.26.0133
- use of active surveillance or watchful waiting for low-risk prostate cancer and management trends across risk groups in the united states, 2010-2015.JAMA. 2019; 321: 704https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.19941
- Trends in management for patients with localized prostate cancer, 1990-2013.JAMA. 2015; 314: 80https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.6036
- Interventions for increasing the use of shared decision making by healthcare professionals. Cochrane effective practice and organisation of care group, ed.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD006732.pub4
- Decision support with the personal patient profile-prostate: a multicenter randomized trial.J Urol. 2018; 199: 89-97https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.07.076
- The impact of explicit values clarification exercises in a patient decision aid emerges after the decision is actually made: evidence from a randomized controlled trial.Med Decis Mak Int J Soc Med Decis Mak. 2012; 32: 616-626https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X11434601
- Personal preferences and discordant prostate cancer treatment choice in an intervention trial of men newly diagnosed with localized prostate cancer.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2012; 10: 123https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7525-10-123
- Establishment of a web-based system for collection of patient-reported outcomes after radical prostatectomy in a statewide quality improvement collaborative.Urology. 2017; 107: 96-102https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.04.058
- Defining quality metrics for active surveillance: the music experience.J Urol. 2020; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000001308
- Development and evaluation of the personal patient profile-prostate (P3P), a web-based decision support system for men newly diagnosed with localized prostate cancer.J Med Internet Res. 2010; 12: e67https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.1576
- Association between early confirmatory testing and the adoption of active surveillance for men with favorable-risk prostate cancer.Urology. 2018; 118: 127-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2018.04.038
- Impact of early confirmatory tests on upgrading and conversion to treatment in prostate cancer patients on active surveillance.Urology. 2021; 147: 213-222https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.07.067
- Pathological upgrading at radical prostatectomy for patients with Grade Group 1 prostate cancer: implications of confirmatory testing for patients considering active surveillance.BJU Int. 2019; 123: 846-853https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.14554
Paudel R, Ferrante S, Maitland C, et al. Implementation of prostate cancer treatment decision aid in michigan: a qualitative study. Implement Sci Commun Submiss.
- Clinically localized prostate cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO guideline. part i: risk stratification, shared decision making, and care options.J Urol. 2018; 199: 683-690https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.11.095
- Making their decisions for prostate cancer treatment: Patients’ experiences and preferences related to process.Can Urol Assoc J. 2018; 12: 616-626https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.5113
- Patient factors that influence how physicians discuss active surveillance with low-risk prostate cancer patients: a qualitative study.Am J Mens Health. 2018; 12: 1719-1727https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988318785741
- Why do men choose one treatment over another?: a review of patient decision making for localized prostate cancer.Cancer. 2006; 106: 1865-1874https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.21822
- Understanding medical decision-making in prostate cancer care.Am J Mens Health. 2018; 12: 1635-1647https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988318780851
- Shared decision-making in urologic practice: results from the 2019 AUA census.Urology. 2020; (Published onlineS009042952030950X)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.06.078
Financial Support: MUSIC is sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The authors acknowledge the support staff at the MUSIC Coordinating Center, the clinical champions, administrators, data abstractors and urologists at each MUSIC contributing practice. Funding from National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease F32 DK126232 also supported this project. No commercial conflicts of interest.