Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
Itano NB, Blute ML, Spotts B, Zincke H. Outcome of isolated renal cell carcinoma fossa recurrence after nephrectomy. J Urol. 2000;164:322-325.
- Predictors of oncological outcome after resection of locally recurrent renal cell carcinoma.J Urol. 2009; 181: 2044-2051https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.01.043
- Surveillance following radical or partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma.Curr Urol Rep. 2005; 6: 7-18https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-005-0062-x
- Renal fossa recurrence after nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma: prognostic features and oncological outcomes.BJU Int. 2017; 119: 116-127https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.13620
- Outcome of surgical treatment of isolated local recurrence after radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma.J Urol. 2002; 167: 1630-1633
- Renal cell carcinoma local recurrences: impact of surgical treatment and concomitant metastasis on survival.BJU Int. 2006; 97: 933-938https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2006.06076.x
- Local recurrence after radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer: management and prediction of outcomes. a multi-institutional study.J Surg Oncol. 2014; 109: 126-131https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.23473
- Management of isolated renal fossa recurrence following radical nephrectomy.J Urol. 2005; 174: 473-477https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ju.0000165574.62188.d0
- Laparoscopic resection of local recurrence after previous radical nephrectomy for clinically localized renal-cell carcinoma: perioperative outcomes and initial observations.J Endourol. 2010; 24: 1609-1612https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2010.0051
- Feasibility and oncological outcomes of laparoscopic treatment for local relapse of renal cell carcinoma.BJU Int. 2013; 112: E307-E313https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11724.x
- Recurrent renal cell carcinoma after 45 years.Clin Imaging. 1997; 21: 273-275https://doi.org/10.1016/S0899-7071(96)00042-3
- Surgical management of local recurrences of renal cell carcinoma.Surg Res Pract. 2016; 20162394942https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/2394942
- Probe ablation as salvage therapy for renal tumors in von Hippel-Lindau patients: the cleveland clinic experience with 3 years follow-up.Urol Oncol. 2013; 31: 686-692https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2011.05.008
- Regional thermoablation of local or metastatic renal cell carcinoma.Oncol Rep. 2003; 10: 753-757https://doi.org/10.3892/or.10.3.753
- Radiofrequency ablation of isolated local recurrence of renal cell carcinoma after radical nephrectomy.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003; 181: 93-94https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.181.1.1810093
- Local recurrence following resection of intermediate-high risk nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma: an anatomical classification and analysis of the ASSURE (ECOG-ACRIN E2805) adjuvant trial.J Urol. 2020; 203: 684-689https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000588
- Cytoreductive nephrectomy — patient selection is key.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 481-482https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMe1806331
- Cytoreductive nephrectomy in metastatic renal cell cancer: not all that it's cut out to be.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 171-172https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.5503
- Resection of isolated renal cell carcinoma metastases of the pancreas: outcomes from the Johns Hopkins Hospital.J Gastrointest Surg. 2014; 18: 542-548https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-013-2278-2
- Surveillance strategies for renal cell carcinoma patients following nephrectomy.Rev Urol. 2006; 8: 1-7
- Individualised indications for cytoreductive nephrectomy: which criteria define the optimal candidates?.Eur Urol Oncol. 2019; 2: 365-378https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euo.2019.04.007
- Feasibility and safety of robotic excision of ipsilateral retroperitoneal recurrence after nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma.Urology. 2020; 145: 159-165https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2020.07.060
- Preoperative external beam radiotherapy followed by cytoreductive surgery and intraoperative radiotherapy for locally advanced primary or recurrent renal malignancies.J Urol. 1994; 152: 15-21
- Therapy of locally recurrent renal cell carcinoma after nephrectomy.J Urol. 1996; 155: 26-29
- Systemic therapy in renal cell carcinoma: advancing paradigms.Oncol (Williston Park, NY). 2012; 26: 290-301
- Targeted therapies for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: clinical evidence.Oncologist. 2011; 16: 14-22https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2011-S2-14
- Tracking cancer evolution reveals constrained routes to metastases: tracerx renal.Cell. 2018; 173: 581-594https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.03.057
Author Contributions: All authors contributed to study conception, design, assembly, analysis, manuscript writing, and the final approval of the manuscript.
Conflicts of Interests: The authors have no conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.
Financial Disclosures: There is no external funding for this manuscript. The authors have no financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose. No honorarium, grant, or other form of payment was given to anyone to produce the manuscript.