Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Key Statistics for Prostate Cancer | Prostate Cancer Facts. Accessed July 9, 2020. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html.
Prostate Cancer: Castration Resistant Guideline - American Urological Association. Accessed July 9, 2020. https://www.auanet.org/guidelines/prostate-cancer-castration-resistant-guideline
- Propranolol for severe hemangiomas of infancy.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2649-2651https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc0708819
- Infantile hemangioma: pathogenesis and mechanisms of action of propranolol.JDDG J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2017; 15: 1185-1190https://doi.org/10.1111/ddg.13365
- Is norepinephrine an etiological factor in some types of cancer?.Int J Cancer. 2009; 124: 257-263https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.24063
- Adrenergic nerves activate an angio-metabolic switch in prostate cancer.Science. 2017; 358: 321-326https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aah5072
- The norepinephrine-driven metastasis development of PC-3 human prostate cancer cells in BALB/c nude mice is inhibited by β-blockers.Int J Cancer. 2006; 118: 2744-2749https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.21723
Sympathetic nervous system induces a metastatic switch in primary breast cancer. Accessed July 9, 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2940980/
- Molecular pathways: Beta-adrenergic signaling in cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 1201-1206https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-11-0641
- Are beta blockers new potential anticancer agents?.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014; 15: 9567-9574https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.22.9567
- Association between use of β-Blockers and prostate cancer–specific survival: a cohort study of 3561 prostate cancer patients with high-risk or metastatic disease.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 635-641https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2013.01.007
- The Veterans Affairs's Corporate Data Warehouse: Uses and implications for nursing research and practice.Nurs Adm Q. 2015; 39: 311-318https://doi.org/10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000118
Webmaster PBM. Pharmacy Benefits Management Services Home. Accessed July 9, 2020. https://www.pbm.va.gov/
- Norepinephrine antagonists and cancer risk.Int J Cancer. 2011; 128 (author reply 739): 737-738https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.25351
Healthcare D. Medical Claims Data & Insights| Definitive Healthcare. Accessed July 9, 2020. https://www.definitivehc.com/platform/data/medical-claims
- Measurement of skeletal related events in SEER-Medicare: a comparison of claims-based methods.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2015; 15: 65https://doi.org/10.1186/s12874-015-0047-5
- Clinical features of metastatic bone disease and risk of skeletal morbidity.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 6243s-6249shttps://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-06-0931
- Increasing use of observation among men at low risk for prostate cancer mortality.J Urol. 2015; 193: 801-806https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2014.08.102
- A proportional hazards regression model for the sub-distribution with covariates adjusted censoring weight for competing risks data.Scand J Stat Theory Appl. 2016; 43: 103-122https://doi.org/10.1111/sjos.12167
- Analyses of cumulative incidence functions via non-parametric multiple imputation.Stat Med. 2008; 27: 5709-5724https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.3402
- The impact of statins in combination with androgen deprivation therapyin patients with advanced prostate cancer: A large observational study.Urol Oncol. 2019; 37: 130-137https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2018.11.017
- An overview of the objectives of and the approaches to propensity score analyses.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 1704-1708https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehr031
- Post-diagnostic use of beta-blockers and the risk of death in patients with prostate cancer.Eur J Cancer Oxf Engl 1990. 2014; 50: 2838-2845https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2014.08.006
- Beta-blocker usage and prostate cancer survival: a nested case-control study in the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink cohort.Cancer Epidemiol. 2014; 38: 279-285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2014.03.011
Bhaskaran K, Rachet B, Evans S, Smeeth L. Re: Helene Hartvedt Grytli, Morten Wang Fagerland, Sophie D. Fosså, Kristin Austlid Taskén. Association between use of β-blockers and prostate cancer–specific survival: a cohort study of 3561 prostate cancer patients with high-risk or metastatic disease. Eur Urol. In press. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2013.01.007.: Beta-blockers and Prostate Cancer Survival – Interpretation of Competing Risks Models. Eur Urol. 2013;64(4):e86-e87. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2013.07.004
Cardwell CR, Suissa S, Murray LJ. Re: Helene Hartvedt Grytli, Morten Wang Fagerland, Sophie D. Fosså, Kristin Austlid Taskén. Association between use of β-Blockers and prostate cancer–specific survival: a cohort study of 3561 prostate cancer patients with high-risk or metastatic disease. Eur Urol. In press. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2013.01.007. Eur Urol. 2013;64(1):e10. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2013.03.046
- Metformin use is associated with improved survival for patients with advanced prostate cancer on androgen deprivation therapy.J Urol. 2018; 200: 1256-1263https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2018.06.031
- Use of β-blockers is associated with prostate cancer-specific survival in prostate cancer patients on androgen deprivation therapy.The Prostate. 2013; 73: 250-260https://doi.org/10.1002/pros.22564
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.