Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The State of Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States 2019.2020 (Linthicum, MD, USAAvailable at:)Accessed April 19, 2020)
- Women in urology residency, 1978-2013: a critical look at gender representation in our specialty.Urology. 2016; 92: 20-25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2015.12.092
Kane L. Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2020. Medscape. Available at: https://www.medscape.com/slideshow/2020-compensation-overview-6012684#14. Accessed May 17, 2020.
AAMC. Total Enrollment by U.S. Medical School and Sex, 2015-2016 Through 2019-2020. Medscape. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/system/files/2019-11/2019_FACTS_Table_B-1.2.pdf. Accessed April 19, 2020.
American Urological Association. Urology Residency Match Statistics. Available at: https://www.auanet.org/education/auauniversity/for-residents/urology-and-specialty-matches/urology-match-results. Accessed April 19, 2020.
- Reversing the decline in urology residency applications: an analysis of medical school factors critical to maintaining student interest.Urology. 2020; 136: 51-57https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.10.028
- Perceptions of women medical students and their influence on career choice.Am J Surg. 2002; 183: 146-150https://doi.org/10.1016/s0002-9610(01)00863-7
- The role of same-sex mentorship and organizational support in encouraging women to pursue surgery.Am J Surg. 2017; 214: 640-644https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2017.07.005
- Barriers to becoming a female surgeon and the influence of female surgical role models.Postgrad Med J. 2016; 92: 576-580https://doi.org/10.1136/postgradmedj-2015-133273
American Urological Association. Accredited Listing of U.S. Urology Residency Programs. Available at: https://www.auanet.org/education/auauniversity/for-residents/urology-residency-and-fellowship-programs/accredited-us-urology-programs/accredited-listing-of-us-urology-residency-programs. Accessed April 19, 2020.
- Female urologists: a growing population.J Urol. 1997; 157: 1854-1856https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(01)64884-5
- Women in surgery residency programs: evolving trends from a national perspective.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 212: 320-326https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2010.11.008
- Gender and subspecialty of urology faculty in department-based leadership roles.Urology. 2017; 110: 36-39https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.07.044
- Promotion disparities in academic urology.Urology. 2020; 138: 16-23https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.10.042
- Strategies for attracting women and underrepresented minorities in urology.Curr Urol Rep. 2019; 20: 61https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-019-0921-5
- Women urologists: changing trends in the workforce.Urology. 2016; 91: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2016.01.035
- Women physicians and their mentors.J Am Med Womens Assoc (1972). 1989; 44: 123-126
- Gender differences in the urology residency match-does it make a difference?.Urology. 2018; 111: 39-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.07.061
- MP10-16 higher proportion of female urology applicants match to residency programs with higher female faculty and resident representation.J Urol. 2019; (Accessed April 19, 2020): 201https://doi.org/10.1097/01.JU.0000555160.83497.c8
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.