Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clash in the name of care.The Boston Globe. 2015; (December 20, 2015)
- Concurrent and overlapping surgeries.Additional Measures Warranted. Senate Finance Committee, Washington, DC2016
Hoyt D. Statements on Principles. 2016. https://www.facs.org/about-acs/statements/stonprin#preamble. Accessed 9 February 2020.
- Association of overlapping surgery with perioperative outcomes.JAMA. 2019; 321: 762-772
- Overlapping surgery in plastic surgery: an analysis of patient safety and clinical outcomes.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019; 143: 1787-1796
- Overlapping surgeries are not associated with worse patient outcomes: retrospective multivariate analysis of 14 872 neurosurgical cases performed at a single institution.Neurosurgery. 2018; 83: 53-59
- Evaluation of short-term outcomes following overlapping urologic surgery at a large academic medical center.Urology. 2020;
- Association of overlapping, nonconcurrent, surgery with patient outcomes at a large academic medical center: a coarsened exact matching study.Ann Surg. 2019; 270: 620-629
- Association of overlapping surgery with increased risk for complications following hip surgery: a population-based, matched cohort study.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 75-83
- Overlapping surgery in the ambulatory orthopaedic setting.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: 1859-1867
- Comparison of patient outcomes in 3725 overlapping vs 3633 nonoverlapping neurosurgical procedures using a single institution's clinical and administrative database.Neurosurgery. 2017; 80: 257-268
- Managing overlapping surgery: an analysis of 1018 neurosurgical and spine cases.J Neurosurg. 2017; 127: 1096-1104
- Association of overlapping surgery with patient outcomes in a large series of neurosurgical cases.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 313-321
- Outcomes of concurrent operations: results from the American College of Surgeons' National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 411-420
- Safety of overlapping surgery at a high-volume referral center.Ann Surg. 2017; 265: 639-644
- Outcomes with overlapping surgery at a large academic medical center.Ann Surg. 2019; 269: 465-470
- The practice of overlapping colorectal operations in a tertiary care center is safe: a model for advancing team-based care.Ann Surg. 2019; 270: 322-326
- Outcomes of overlapping surgery in otolaryngology.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2020; 162: 181-185
- Impact of a more restrictive overlapping surgery policy: an analysis of pre- and postimplementation complication rates, resident involvement, and surgical wait times at a high-volume neurosurgical department.J Neurosurg. 2018; 129: 515-523
- Projecting the urology workforce over the next 20 years.Urology. 2016; 98: 21-26
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of delay in radical cystectomy and the effect on survival in bladder cancer patients.Eur Urol Oncol. 2019;
- Patient opinions regarding surgeon presence, trainee participation, and overlapping surgery.Laryngoscope. 2019; 129: 1337-1346
Declaration of interest: All authors have no financial or personal conflicts of interest to disclose.