Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of urinary incontinence (UI) and other urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and anal incontinence (AI).in: Abrams P Cardozo L Khoury S Wein AJ Incontinence. 5th ed. International Consultation on Urological Diseases and European Association of Urology, Paris2013: 17-107
Gormley EA, Lightne DJ, Burgio KL, et al. AUA/SUFU guideline on non-neurogenic overactive bladder in adults. the 2014 Update. https://sufuorg.com/resources/guidelines.aspx. Accessed 1 June 2020.
ICS Standards 2019. The 2019 compilation of the International Continence Society Standardisations, consensus statements, educational modules, terminology and fundamentals documents, with the international consultation on incontinence algorithms. https://www.ics.org/Publications/ICS%20Standards%202019.pdf. Accessed 1 June 2020
Burkhard FC, Bosch JLHR, Cruz F, et al. European Association of Urology guidelines on urinary incontinence: the 2020 update. In. ISBN 978-94-92671-04-2. EAU Guidelines Office, Arnhem, The Netherlands. http://uroweb.org/guidelines/compilations-of-all-guidelines/. Accessed 1 June 2020
- Metabolic syndrome – a new world-wide definition. A consensus statement from the International Diabetes Federation.Diabet Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- The association of adiposity and overactive bladder appears to differ by gender: results from the Boston Area Community Health Survey.J Urol. 2011; 185: 955-963
- Is overactive bladder microvasculature disease a component of systemic atheroscleorosis?.Neurourol Urodyn. 2018; 37: 1372-1379
- Is there a link between overactive bladder and the metabolic syndrome in women? A systematic review of observational studies.Int J Clin Pract. 2015; 69: 199-217
- Association between metabolic syndrome and overactive bladder: a case-control study.Scand J Urol. 2017; 51: 470-473
- The validation study of ICIQ-SF Turkish version.Turk J Urol. 2004; 30: 332-338
- Quality of life in patients with multiple sclerosis and urinary disorders: reliability and validity of Turkish-language version of Incontinence Quality of Life Scale.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2010; 47: 67-71
- Predicting self-perceived antimuscarinic therapy effectiveness on overactive bladder symptoms using the overactive bladder 8-question awareness tool.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 573-581
- Framingham risk score for estimation of 10-years of cardiovascular diseases risk in patients with metabolic syndrome.J Health Popul Nutr. 2017; 36: 36
- Combination therapy in overactive bladder-untapped research opportunities: a systematic review of the literature.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019; 38: 2083-2092
- Can we create a valid treatment algorithm for patients with drug resistant overactive bladder (OAB) syndrome or detrusor overactivity (DO)? Results from a think tank (ICI-RS 2015).Neurourol Urodyn. 2017; 36: 882-893
- How to define a refractory idiopathic overactive bladder?.Neurourol Urodyn. 2015; 34: 2-11
- Metabolic syndrome in female patients with overactive bladder.Urology. 2012; 79: 72-75
- Bladder dysfunction in rats with metabolic syndrome induced by long term fructose feeding.J Urol. 2008; 179: 2470-2476
- Is there a link between carotid atherosclerosis and idiopathic overactive bladder among women with metabolic syndrome?.Res Rep Urol. 2020; 12: 43-48
- Urinary incontinence in elderly women: findings from the Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104 (301-207.)
- The correlation between metabolic syndrome and lower urinary tract symptoms in females.Turk J Med Sci. 2013; 43: 400-404
- The prevalence and risk factors of overactive bladder symptoms and its relation to pelvic organ prolapse symptoms in a general female population.Int Urogynecol J. 2011; 22: 569-575
- Vascular risk factors for male and female urgency urinary incontinence at age 68 years from a British birth cohort study.BJU Int. 2018; 122: 118-125
- Is there an association between aspects of the metabolic syndrome and overactive bladder? A prospective cohort study in women with lower urinary tract symptoms.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017; 217: 1-5
- A comprehensive review of overactive bladder pathophysiology: on the way to tailored treatment.Eur Urol. 2019; 75: 988-1000
- Estrogens and the lower urinary tract.Neurourol Urodyn. 2011; 30: 754-757
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Financial Support: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.