Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Vespa J, Medina L, Armstrong D. Demographic Turning Points for the United States: Population Projections; 2020. Available at: https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2020/demo/p25-1144.pdf.
- Does diversity matter for health? Experimental evidence from Oakland.Am Econ Rev. 2019; 109: 4071-4111
- Patient-physician gender concordance and increased mortality among female heart attack patients.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115: 8569-8574https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1800097115
- Physician gender effects in medical communication: a meta-analytic review.JAMA. 2002; 288: 756-764https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.6.756
- The role of black and Hispanic physicians in providing health care for underserved populations.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1305-1310https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199605163342006
- Race and surgical mortality in the United States.Ann Surg. 2006; 243: 281-286https://doi.org/10.1097/01.sla.0000197560.92456.32
- Race, gender, and partnership in the patient-physician relationship.JAMA. 1999; 282: 583-589https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.282.6.583
- Diversity in Medicine: Facts and Figures.2019 (Available at:)
- The State of the Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States.2018 (Available at:)
Association of American Medical Colleges. 2019 Fall Applicant, Matriculant, and Enrollment Data Tables. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/system/files/2019-12/2019AAMCFallApplicant%2CMatriculant%2CandEnrollmentDataTables_0.pdf.
- Urology Residents in the United States and Across the Globe.2018 (Available at:)
- Examining trends in underrepresented minorities in urology residency.Urology. 2019; 127: 36-41https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2018.10.061
- Urology Residency Match Statistics.2020 (Available at:)https://www.auanet.org/education/auauniversity/for-residents/urology-and-specialty-matches/urology-match-results
- Women in urology residency, 1978-2013: a critical look at gender representation in our specialty.Urology. 2016; 92: 20-25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2015.12.092
- The bifactor model of the Maslach Burnout Inventory-Human Services Survey (MBI-HSS)—an alternative measurement model of burnout.Stress Health. 2014; 30: 82-88https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.2481
- Assessment of the prevalence of medical student mistreatment by sex, race/ethnicity, and sexual orientation.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.0030
- The prevalence of medical student mistreatment and its association with burnout.Acad Med. 2014; 89: 749-754https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000000204
- Association of clinical specialty with symptoms of burnout and career choice regret among US resident physicians.JAMA. 2018; 320: 1114-1130https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.12615
- Discrimination, abuse, harassment, and burnout in surgical residency training.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1741-1752https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1903759
- Reversing the decline in urology residency applications: an analysis of medical school factors critical to maintaining student interest.Urology. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.10.028
- Association of surgical resident wellness with medical errors and patient outcomes.Ann Surg. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000003909
- Burnout and suicidal ideation among US medical students.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 334-341https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-149-5-200809020-00008
- Medscape National Physician Burnout & Suicide Report.2020
- The impact of burnout on professional and academic goals and career regret in urology trainees.J Urol. 2019; 202: 45-46https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000146
- The presence of gender bias in letters of recommendations written for urology residency applicants.Urology. 2019; 134: 56-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2019.05.065
- Racial distribution of urology workforce in United States in comparison to general population.Transl Androl Urol. 2018; 7: 526-534https://doi.org/10.21037/tau.2018.05.16
- Strategies for attracting women and underrepresented minorities in urology.Curr Urol Rep. 2019; 20: 61https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-019-0921-5