Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
USDoHaH S. Healthy people 2020: disparities U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; year is 2014. In: Promotion OoDPaH, ed. Vol 20202014.
- Disparities in care among patients presenting to the emergency department for urinary stone disease.Urolithiasis. 2019; : 217-225
- Socioeconomic disparities in the acute management of stone disease in the United States.J Endourol. 2019; 33: 167-172
- Influence of socioeconomic factors on stone burden at presentation to tertiary referral center: data from the registry for stones of the kidney and ureter.Urology. 2019; 131: 57-63
- Effect of socioeconomic status on 24-hour urine composition in patients with nephrolithiasis.Urology. 2012; 80: 43-47
- Does socioeconomic status, age, or gender influence appointment attendance and completion of 24-hour urine collections?.Urology. 2015; 85: 568-573
- Evaluating area-based socioeconomic status indicators for monitoring disparities within health care systems: results from a primary care network.Health Serv Res. 2015; 50: 398-417
- Low income and nonwhite race are strongly associated with worse quality of life in patients with nephrolithiasis.J Urol. 2019; 202: 119-124
- Race- and sex-related differences in nephrolithiasis risk among blacks and whites in the southern community cohort study.Urology. 2018; 118: 36-42
- Socioeconomic distressed communities index predicts risk-adjusted mortality after cardiac surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 107: 1706-1712
EIG. Distressed communities index 2017. https://eig.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/2017-Distressed-Communities-Index.pdf.
- Socioeconomically distressed communities associated with long-term mortality after bariatric surgery.J Surg Res. 2019; 243: 8-13
- Socioeconomic "distressed communities index" improves surgical risk-adjustment.Ann Surg. 2019; 271: 470-474
- Examining racial disparities in colon cancer clinical delay in the Colon Cancer Patterns of Care in Chicago study.Ann Epidemiol. 2017; 27: 731-738.e731
- Impact of socioeconomic status on prostate cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.Cancer. 2009; 115: 5556-5565
- The effect of socioeconomic status on health-care delay and treatment of esophageal cancer.J Transl Med. 2015; 13: 1-5
- Insurance status, stone composition, and 24-hour urine composition.J Endourol. 2013; 27: 652-656
- Citrate inhibits growth of residual fragments in an in vitro model of calcium oxalate renal stones.Kidney Int. 2004; 65: 1724-1730
- Urinary potassium is a clinically useful test to detect a poor quality diet.J Nutr. 2009; 139: 743-749
- Urinary potassium is as reliable as urinary nitrogen for use as a recovery biomarker in dietary studies of free living individuals.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 1334-1340
- The effect of fruits and vegetables on urinary stone risk factors.Kidney Int. 2004; 66: 2402-2410
- Relationship between 24 h urinary potassium and diet quality in the adult Spanish population.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 850-859
- Neighborhood socioeconomic status and fruit and vegetable intake among whites, blacks, and Mexican Americans in the United States.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 87: 1883-1891
- Neighborhood environments: disparities in access to healthy foods in the U.S.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 74-81
- Neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage is associated with higher ratio of 24-hour urinary sodium to potassium in young Japanese women.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1606-1611
Financial Disclosures: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.