Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Position of the Ibero-American Society of Neurourology and Urogynecology in relation to the use of synthetic suburethral meshes for the surgical treatment of female stress incontinence.Neurourol Urodyn. 2020; 39: 464-469
- Mid-urethral sling operations for stress urinary incontinence in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; (CD006375)
- Mid-urethral sling operations for stress urinary incontinence in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 7 (CD006375)
- Association between the amount of vaginal mesh used with mesh erosions and repeated surgery after repairing pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 257-263
https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/. United States Food and Drug Administration: Considerations about surgical mesh for SUI. ImplantsandProsthetics/UroGynSurgicalMesh/ucm345219.htm (01.2018).
- Autologous transobturator urethral sling placement for female stress urinary incontinence: short-term outcomes.Urology. 2016; 93: 55-59
- The midurethral fascial "Sling on a String": an alternative to midurethral synthetic tapes in the era of mesh complications.Eur Urol. 2018; 74: 191-196
- Use of autologous rectus fascia in a new transobturator hybrid sling for treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: a pilot study.Scand J Urol. 2013; 47: 57-62
- Modified autologous transobturator tape surgery - evaluation of short term results.Ginekol Pol. 2020; 91: 51-56
- Autologous transobturator sling as an alternative therapy for stress urinary incontinence.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019; 145: 300-305
- Comparison of the Q-tip test and voiding cystourethrogram to assess urethral hypermobility among women enrolled in a randomized clinical trial of surgery for stress urinary incontinence.J Urol. 2006; 176 (discussion 650): 646-649
- An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)/International Continence Society (ICS) joint report on the terminology for female pelvic floor dysfunction.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 5-26
- Autologous transobturator midurethral sling.Turk J Urol. 2019; 45: 230-232
- Transobturator urethral suspension: mini-invasive procedure in the treatment of stress urinary incontinence in women.Prog Urol. 2001; 11: 1306-1313
- Stress urinary incontinence surgery trends in academic female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery urology practice in the setting of the food and drug administration public health notifications.Neurourol Urodyn. 2017; 36: 1155-1160
- Trends in stress urinary incontinence surgery at a tertiary center: midurethral sling use following the AUGS/SUFU position statement.Urology. 2019; 131: 71-76
- Changing surgical trends for female stress urinary incontinence in England.Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30: 203-209
- Tension-free vaginal tape for treatment of pure urodynamic stress urinary incontinence: efficacy and adverse effects at 17-year follow-up.BJU Int. 2018; 122: 113-117
- Histologic comparison of pubovaginal sling graft materials: a comparative study.Urology. 2008; 72: 85-89
- Time dependent variations in biomechanical properties of cadaveric fascia, porcine dermis, porcine small intestine submucosa, polypropylene mesh and autologous fascia in the rabbit model: implications for sling surgery.J Urol. 2004; 171: 1970-1973
- Updated systematic review and meta-analysis of the comparative data on colposuspensions, pubovaginal slings, and midurethral tapes in the surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence.Eur Urol. 2017; 72: 567-591
- Surgery for stress urinary incontinence: autologous fascial sling.Urol Clin North Am. 2019; 46: 41-52
- Adverse events over two years after retropubic or transobturator midurethral sling surgery: findings from the Trial of Midurethral Slings (TOMUS) study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205 (e491-496): 498
- Pelvic mesh complications in women before and after the 2011 FDA public health notification.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2013; 19: 333-338
- Urgency after a sling: review of the management.Curr Urol Rep. 2014; 15: 400
Conflict of interest: None.
Declaration of interest: None.