Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2019.CA Cancer J Clin. 2019; 69: 7-34https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21551
- Diagnosis and management of upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2015; 29 (ix): 271-288https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hoc.2014.10.003
- European Association of Urology guidelines on upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: 2017 update.Eur Urol. 2018; 73: 111-122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2017.07.036
- Urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and the upper tract: disparate twins.J Urol. 2013; 189: 1214-1221https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2012.05.079
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Eur Urol. 2014; 66: 529-541https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.03.003
- A phase 2 clinical trial of sequential neoadjuvant chemotherapy with ifosfamide, doxorubicin, and gemcitabine followed by cisplatin, gemcitabine, and ifosfamide in locally advanced urothelial cancer: final results.Cancer. 2013; 119: 540-547https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.27751
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- Optimizing the sequence of chemotherapy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma with clinically positive regional lymph nodes.J Urol. 2019; 202: 76-82https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000172
- Evidence for oligoclonality and tumor spread by intraluminal seeding in multifocal urothelial carcinomas of the upper and lower urinary tract.Oncogene. 2001; 20: 4910-4915https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1204671
- The role of systemic chemotherapy in management of upper tract urothelial cancer.Curr Urol Rep. 2013; 14: 94-101https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-013-0307-z
- Clonal relatedness and mutational differences between upper tract and bladder urothelial carcinoma.Clin Cancer Res. 2019; 25: 967-976https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-18-2039
- Genomic characterization of upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Eur Urol. 2015; 68: 970-977https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2015.07.039
- A role for preoperative systemic chemotherapy in node-positive upper tract urothelial carcinoma treated with radical nephroureterectomy.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2012; 42: 1192-1196https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hys166
- Perioperative outcomes of laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy and regional lymphadenectomy in patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma after neoadjuvant chemotherapy.Urology. 2011; 78: 61-67https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2011.01.002
- Chronic kidney disease after nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma and implications for the administration of perioperative chemotherapy.Cancer. 2010; 116: 2967-2973https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.25043
- Changes in renal function following nephroureterectomy may affect the use of perioperative chemotherapy.Eur Urol. 2010; 58: 581-587https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2010.06.029
- Oncological outcomes of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced upper tract urothelial carcinoma: a multicenter study.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 101500-101508https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.21551
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy use in upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Urol Oncol. 2017; 35: 322-327https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2016.11.018
- Outcomes of radical nephroureterectomy: a series from the Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma Collaboration.Cancer. 2009; 115: 1224-1233https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.24135
- Incidence of downstaging and complete remission after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for high-risk upper tract transitional cell carcinoma.Cancer. 2010; 116: 3127-3134https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.25050
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced urothelial cancer of the upper urinary tract.Urol Int. 1995; 55: 74-77https://doi.org/10.1159/000282755
- Effect of preoperative chemotherapy on survival of patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma clinically involving regional lymph nodes.Int J Urol. 2016; 23: 153-158https://doi.org/10.1111/iju.13010
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on pathologic response in patients with upper tract urothelial carcinoma undergoing extirpative surgery.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018; 16: e1237-e1242https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clgc.2018.08.003
- Effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on locally advanced upper tract urothelial carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2019; 135: 59-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.critrevonc.2019.01.019
Funding Support: Supported by The Frederick J. and Theresa Dow Wallace Fund of the New York Community Trust.
Disclaimer: The NCDB is a joint project of the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons and the American Cancer Society. The data used in this study are derived from a deidentified NCDB file. The American College of Surgeons and the Commission on Cancer have not verified and are not responsible for the analytic or statistical methodology employed, or the conclusions drawn from these data by the investigators.