Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- European association of urology guidelines on upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: 2017 update.Eur Urol. 2018; 73: 111-122
- Retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy with a modified hand-assisted approach.Urology. 2011; 77: 607-611
- Surgeon volume and operative mortality in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 2117-2127
- Impact of hospital volume on operative mortality for major cancer surgery.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1747-1751
- Influence of treatment center and hospital volume on survival for locally advanced cervical cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2015; 139: 506-512
- The effect of hospital volume on breast cancer mortality.Ann Surg. 2018; 267: 375-381
- Impact of facility type and surgical volume on 10-year survival in patients undergoing hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 224: 362-372
- Treatment facility volume and survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a registry-based analysis.Eur Urol. 2018; 74: 387-393
- Benefit in regionalization of care for patients treated with nephrectomy: a nationwide inpatient sample.World J Urol. 2014; 32: 1511-1521
- Hospital volume is a determinant of postoperative complications, blood transfusion and length of stay after radical or partial nephrectomy.J Urol. 2012; 187: 405-410
- Reassessing the value of high-volume cancer care in the era of precision medicine.Cancer. 2018; 124: 1319-1321
- Comparison of renal function after radical surgery for upper tract urothelial carcinoma versus renal cell carcinoma: propensity score matching.Urol Int. 2018; 101: 400-408
- Chronic kidney disease after nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma and implications for the administration of perioperative chemotherapy.Cancer. 2010; 116: 2967-2973
- The national cancer data base: past, present, and future.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 4-7
American College of Surgeons. The national cancer database 2013 PUF data dictionary. Available at: http://ncdbpuf.facs.org/?q=print-pdf-all. Accessed January 01, 2016.
Surgery of the Primary Site Codes. Available at: http://ncdbpuf.facs.org/content/surgery-primary-site-codes. Accessed January 01, 2016.
- Hospital volume and perioperative outcomes for radical cystectomy: a population study.BJU Int. 2017; 119: 26-32
- Assessing the relative influence of hospital and surgeon volume on short-term mortality after radical cystectomy.BJU Int. 2017; 120: 239-245
- Comparison of oncologic outcomes for open and laparoscopic nephroureterectomy: a multi-institutional analysis of 1249 cases.Eur Urol. 2009; 56: 1-9
- Laparoscopic versus open nephroureterectomy for the treatment of upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of comparative studies.Eur Urol. 2012; 61: 1142-1153
- Trends in utilisation, perioperative outcomes, and costs of nephroureterectomies in the management of upper tract urothelial carcinoma: a 10-year population-based analysis.BJU Int. 2016; 117: 954-960
- Improving the safety of health care: the leapfrog initiative.Eff Clin Pract. 2000; 3: 313-316
- Volume standards for high-risk surgical procedures: potential benefits of the Leapfrog initiative.Surgery. 2001; 130: 415-422
- A critical appraisal of the value of lymph node dissection at nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Urology. 2010; 75: 118-124
- Impact of lymph node dissection on cancer specific survival in patients with upper tract urothelial carcinoma treated with radical nephroureterectomy.J Urol. 2009; 181: 2482-2489
- Association between treatment facility volume and mortality of patients with multiple myeloma.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 598-604
- Hospital case volume is associated with improved survival for patients with metastatic melanoma.Am J Clin Oncol. 2016; 39: 491-496
- Association between hospital volume and mortality of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.Lung Cancer. 2018; 122: 214-219
- Does it matter what a hospital is “high volume” for? Specificity of hospital volume-outcome associations for surgical procedures: analysis of administrative data.BMJ. 2004; 328: 737-740
- Using the national cancer database for outcomes research: a review.JAMA Oncol. 2017; 3: 1722-1728
Financial support: Aaron A. Laviana, MD was supported by the Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (PCACO) K12 (NIH Institutional Research Career Development K12 grant mechanism).
Conflicts of interest: None