Results Fifty seven percent
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Appropriateness of prostate cancer imaging among veterans in a delivery system without incentives for overutilization.Health Serv Res. 2015; 51: 1021-1051
- Long-term biochemical disease-free and cancer-specific survival following anatomic radical retropubic prostatectomy. The 15-year Johns Hopkins experience.Urol Clin North Am. 2001; 28: 555-565
- The changing face of low-risk prostate cancer: trends in clinical presentation and primary management.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 2141-2149
Prostate Cancer. 2015; NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/prostate.pdf. Accessed Nov 14, 2018.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology identifies five key opportunities to improve care and reduce costs: the top five list for oncology.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 1715-1724
American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation: the choosing wisely campaign five things physicians and patients should question. 2012; Available at: http://choosingwisely.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/about_choosingwisely.pdf. Accessed May 5, 2012.
- Choosing wisely: helping physicians and patients make smart decisions about their care.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1801-1802
- The population level prevalence and correlates of appropriate and inappropriate imaging to stage incident prostate cancer in the medicare population.J Urol. 2012; 187: 97-102
- Quantifying downstream impact of inappropriate staging imaging in a cohort of veterans with low- and intermediate-risk incident prostate cancer.Urol Oncol. 2019; 37: 145-149
- A qualitative study to understand guideline-discordant use of imaging to stage incident prostate cancer.Implemen Scie. 2016; 11: 118
- VA evidence-based synthesis program reports.Electronic Health Record-Based Interventions for Reducing Inappropriate Imaging in the Clinical Setting: A Systematic Review of the Evidence. Department of Veterans Affairs (US), Washington, DC2015
- Electronic decision support for diagnostic imaging in a primary care setting.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011; 18: 267-270
- Electronic health record-based interventions for improving appropriate diagnostic imaging: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 557-565
- Effect of clinical decision support on documented guideline adherence for head CT in emergency department patients with mild traumatic brain injury.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2014; 21: e347-e351
- The use of decision support to measure documented adherence to a national imaging quality measure.Acad Radiol. 2014; 21: 378-383
- Does a clinical decision rule using D-dimer level improve the yield of pulmonary CT angiography?.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 196: 1059-1064
- The impact of a guideline-driven computer charting system on the emergency care of patients with acute low back pain.in: Proceedings Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care. 1995: 576-580
- Reducing PSA-Based prostate cancer screening in men aged 75 years and older with the use of highly specific computerized clinical decision support.J Gen Intern Med. 2015; 38: 1133-1139
- ACR appropriateness criteria prostate cancer - pretreatment detection, staging, and surveillance.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10: 83-92
Association AU. PSA Testing for the Pretreatment Staging and Posttreatment Management of Prostate Cancer. 2013.
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. part 1: screening, diagnosis, and local treatment with curative intent-update 2013.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 124-137
- Designing and conducting mixed methods research. Third Edition. 2018;
- Journal club: Requiring clinical justification to override repeat imaging decision support: impact on CT use.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: W482-W490
- Identifying barriers to hypertension guideline adherence using clinician feedback at the point of care.in: AMIA Annual Symposium proceedings AMIA Symposium. 2006: 494-498
- Overrides of medication-related clinical decision support alerts in outpatients.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2014; 21: 487-491
- Qualitative data analysis for health services research: developing taxonomy, themes, and theory.Health Serv Res. 2007; 42: 1758-1772
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
- Qualitative content anaylsis.A Companion to Qualitative Research. 2004; 1: 159-176
- Use of an electronic health record clinical decision support tool to improve antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory infections: the ABX-TRIP study.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 810-816
- Characteristics of clinical decision support alert overrides in an electronic prescribing system at a tertiary care paediatric hospital.Int J Pharm Pract. 2011; 19: 363-366
- Designing a theory-based intervention to improve the guideline-concordant use of imaging to stage incident prostate cancer.Urol Oncol. 2018; 36: 246-251
Funding for this study was provided by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Health Services Research and Development Service (VA IIR 15-356). This study is supported by The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF), The John and Daria Barry Precision Oncology Center of Excellence of the VANYHHS, and The Edward Blank and Sharon Cosloy–Blank Family Foundation. Dr. Makarov is a Prostate Cancer Foundation Young Investigator awardee. The views expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest.