Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Morbidity associated with oral mucosa harvest for urological reconstruction: an overview.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 66: 739-744
- Comparison of donor site intraoral morbidity after mucosal graft harvesting for urethral reconstruction.Urology. 2005; 66: 716-720
- Nonclosure versus closure of buccal mucosal graft harvest site: a systematic review and meta-analysis of patient-reported outcomes.Urology. 2019; 125: 213-221https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2018.12.008
- Impact of local administration of liposome bupivacaine for postsurgical analgesia on wound healing: a review of data from ten prospective, controlled clinical studies.Clin Ther. 2013; 35 (312-320 e5)
- Bupivacaine extended-release liposome injection for prolonged postsurgical analgesia in patients undergoing hemorrhoidectomy: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Dis Colon Rectum. 2011; 54: 1552-1559
- A double-blind, randomized, active-controlled study for post-hemorrhoidectomy pain management with liposome bupivacaine, a novel local analgesic formulation.Am Surg. 2012; 78: 574-581
- Does closure of the buccal mucosal graft bed matter? Results from a randomized controlled trial.Urology. 2014; 84: 1223-1227https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2014.06.041
- Effect of wound closure on buccal mucosal graft harvest site morbidity: results of a randomized prospective trial.Urology. 2012; 79: 443-447
- Technique of harvesting buccal mucosa for urethral reconstruction.J Urol. 1996; 155: 1696-1697
- Principles of Analgesic Use in the Treatment of Acute Pain and Cancer Pain.6th ed. American Pain Society, Glenview, IL2008
- Opioid conversions in acute care.Ann Pharmacother. 2007; 41: 255-266
- The Clavien-Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e3181b13ca2
- Excessive opioid prescribing after major urologic procedures.Urology. 2018; (pii: S0090-4295(18)30890-2)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2018.06.057
- Rates and risk factors for opioid dependence and overdose after urological surgery.J Urol. 2017; 198: 1130-1136https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.05.037
- Vital signs: overdoses of prescription opioid pain relievers—United States, 1999–2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1487-1492
- Predictors of postoperative pain and analgesic consumption: a qualitative systematic review.Anesthesiology. 2009; 111: 657-677https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e3181aae87a
- Rates and risk factors for prolonged opioid use after major surgery: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2014; 348: g1251https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g1251
- Morbidity of oral mucosa graft harvesting from a single cheek.Eur Urol. 2010; 58: 33-41https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2010.01.012
- Prediction of early and late complications after oral mucosal graft harvesting: multivariable analysis from a cohort of 553 consecutive patients.J Urol. 2014; 191: 688-693https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2013.09.006
- Re: Rourke et al.: Effect of wound closure on buccal mucosal graft harvest site morbidity: results of a randomized prospective trial(urology 2012;79:443-448).Urology. 2012; 80 (author reply 742): 741-742https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2012.04.016
- Reconstructive management with buccal urethroplasty.Eur Urol Suppl. 2016; 15: 17-23https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eursup.2015.10.003
- Cost-effectiveness model comparing trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole and ciprofloxacin for the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis.Eur Urol. 2002; 42: 163-166
Disclosure: None of the authors have a potential conflict of interest related to the study product.
Research involving Human Participants and/or Animals: REB # (14-09-FB-0185) and registered with Clinicaltrials.gov (NCT03720223). Performed according to Declaration of Helsinki research involving human participants.
Informed consent was acquired from all study participants before enrollment and randomization.