Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
“What is the U.S. Opioid Epidemic?”; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.https://www.hhs.gov/opioids/about-the-epidemic/index.html. Accessed October 1, 2018.
“The Opioid Threat in Pennsylvania” Joint Intelligence Report. Drug Enforcement Agency and University of Pittsburgh. DEA-PHL-DIR-036-18.https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-10/PA%20Opioid%20Report%20Final%20FINAL.pdf. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- The initiation of chronic opioids: a survey of chronic pain patients.J Pain. 2017; 18: 360-365
- Opioid use and storage patterns by patients after hospital discharge following surgery.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0147972
- Wide variation and excessive dosage of opioid prescriptions for common general surgical procedures.Ann Surg. 2017; 265: 709-714
- Reduction in opioid prescribing through evidence-based prescribing guidelines.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 285-287
- A prospective cohort study of postdischarge opioid practices after radical prostatectomy: the ORIOLES initiative.Eur Urol. 2018; 75: 215-218
- Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy associated with decreased persistent postoperative opioid use.J Endourol. 2020; 34: 475-481
- Preventing excess narcotic prescriptions in new robotic surgery discharges: the PENN prospective cohort quality improvement initiative.J Endourol. 2020; 34: 48-53
- Prescription opioid analgesics commonly unused after surgery: asystematic review.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 1066-1071
- Overprescription of postoperative narcotics: a look at postoperative pain medication delivery, consumption and disposal in urological practice.J Urol. 2011; 185: 551-555
- Sources of prescription opioidsamong diagnosed opioid abusers.Curr Med Res Opin. 2015; 31: 779-784
- The effect of preoperative counseling on duration of postoperative opiate use in orthopaedic trauma surgery: a surgeon-based comparative cohort study.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 502-506
- Implementation of a pediatric posttonsillectomy pain protocol in a large group practice.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016; 154: 720-724
- A shared decision-making intervention to guide opioid prescribing after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 42-46
- Interventions for postsurgical opioid prescribing: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 948-954
- Efficacy of abdominal peripheral nerve block and caudal block during robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery: a retrospective clinical study.J Anesth. 2019; 33: 103-107
- Ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane block (US-TAPb) for robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: a novel ‘4-point’ technique-results of a prospective, randomized study.J Robot Surg. 2019; 13: 147-151
- Impact of combination of local anesthetic wounds infiltration and ultrasound transversus abdominal plane block in patients undergoing robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: perioperative results of a double-blind randomized controlled trial.J Endourol. 2019; 33: 295-301
- Post-surgical opioid prescribing patterns and risk factors for additional opioid prescriptions within one year after non-emergent colorectal surgery.Am J Surg. 2019; 218: 56-61
- Preoperative opioid use is independently associated with increased costs and worse outcomes after major abdominal surgery.Ann Surg. 2017; 265: 695-701
- Characteristics of initial prescription episodes and likelihood of long-term opioid use - United States, 2006-2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 265-269
- Effect of preoperative opioid exposure on healthcare utilization and expenditures following elective abdominal surgery.Ann Surg. 2017; 265: 715-721
- Prescription drug monitoring and dispensing of prescription opioids.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 139-147
- Opioid prescribing by multiple providers in Medicare: retrospective observational study of insurance claims.BMJ. 2014; 348: g1393
- Mandatory Access Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs and Prescription Drug Abuse.J Policy Anal Manage. 2019; 38: 181-209
- Effects of mandatory prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) use laws on prescriber registration and use and on risky prescribing.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 199: 1-9
- Do prescription monitoring programs impact state trends in opioid abuse/misuse?.Pain Med. 2012; 13: 434-442
- Using Nudges to Improve Value by Increasing Imaging-Based Cancer Screening.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 38-41
- Effect of introducing a default order in the electronic medical record on unnecessary daily imaging during palliative radiotherapy for adults with cancer: astepped-wedge cluster randomized clinical trial.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 1220-1222
Financial Support: This project was supported by grant number K12HS026372 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.