MATERIALS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Variations in the costs of radical cystectomy for bladder cancer in the USA.Eur Urol. 2017; 73: 374-382
- Systematic review and cumulative analysis of perioperative outcomes and complications after robot-assisted radical cystectomy.Eur Urol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.12.007
- Understanding hospital readmission intensity after radical cystectomy.J Urol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2014.10.107
- Sharpening the focus on causes and timing of readmission after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer.Cancer. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.28586
- Exploring the burden of inpatient readmissions after major cancer surgery.J Clin Oncol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2014.55.5938
- Quasi-experimental evaluation of the effectiveness of a large-scale readmission reduction program.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.0833
- Association between hospital penalty status under the hospital readmission reduction program and readmission rates for target and nontarget conditions.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2647-2656https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.18533
- National trends in readmission following inpatient surgery in the hospital readmissions reduction program era.Ann Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000002350
- Will medicare readmission penalties motivate hospitals to reduce arthroplasty readmissions?.J Arthroplasty. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.08.031
- The economics of robotic cystectomy: cost comparison of open versus robotic cystectomy.BJU Int. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2011.10114.x
- Comparison of the performance of the CMS hierarchical condition ategory (CMS-HCC) risk adjuster with the Charlson and Elixhauser comorbidity measures in predicting mortality.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-10-245
- Hospital Rreadmissions Reduction Program (HRRP) Archives.2018Published 2018. Accessed April 2 2019)
- Association of the hospital readmissions reduction program with surgical readmissions.JAMA Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2017.4585
Draft ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRGv28 Definitions Manual: Appendix C Complications or Comorbidities Exclusion list. https://www.cms.gov/icd10manual/fullcode_cms/p0031.html. Accessed April 2, 2019.
- Relationship between occurrence of surgical complications and hospital finances.JAMA. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2013.2773
- Proprietary management and higher readmission rates: a correlation.PLoS One. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0204272
- Association of coded severity with readmission reduction after the hospital readmissions reduction program.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 290-292https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2017.6148
- The fate of radical cystectomy patients after hospital discharge: understanding the black box of the pre-readmission interval.Eur Urol Focus. 2016;
- Hospital-Wide All-Cause Unplanned Readmission Measure (HWR).Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Baltimore, MD2018
- Seeking rational approaches to fixing hospital readmissions.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1681-1682https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.13254
- Patient characteristics and differences in hospital readmission rates.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1803-1812https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.4660
- Few modifiable factors predict readmission following radical cystectomy.Can Urol Assoc J. 2015; https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.2793
- Rates of total joint replacement in the United States: future projections to 2020-2040 using the national inpatient sample.J Rheumatol. 2019; https://doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.170990
- Coronary-artery bypass grafting.N Engl J Med. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra1406944
- Association of the hospital readmissions reduction program implementation with readmission and mortality outcomes in heart failure.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2017.4265
- Readmissions after major urologic cancer surgery.Can J Urol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2017.06.076
- Effect of implementing discharge readiness assessment in adult medical-surgical units on 30-day return to hospital: the READI randomized clinical trial.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2: e187387https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.7387
- A model to optimize followup care and reduce hospital readmissions after radical cystectomy.J Urol. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2015.11.063
- Reducing hospital readmissions by integrating empirical prediction with resource optimization.Prod Oper Manag. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1111/poms.12377
- Missed opportunities in preventing hospital readmissions: redesigning post-discharge checkup Policies.Prod Oper Manag. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1111/poms.12858
Funding Support: Skolarus: VA Health Services Research and Development CDA 12-171 ; Hollenbeck: NIA R01-AG-048071 ; Lavieri: NSF CAREER CMMI-1552545 .
Disclosure: Presented at the 2018 Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association, San Francisco, CA.
Conflicts of Interest: None.