Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in burnout and satisfaction with work-life balance in physicians and the general US working population between 2011 and 2014.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1600-1613
Kane L. Medscape national physician burnout, depression & suicide report 2019. Available online at: medscape. com/slideshow/2019-lifestyle-burnout-depression-6011056. Accessed 2019.
- Burnout in urology: findings from the 2016 AUA Annual Census.Urol Pract. 2018; 5: 489-494
- Leaving medicine: the consequences of physician dissatisfaction.Med Care. 2006; : 234-242
- Physicians' characteristics influence patients' adherence to medical treatment: results from the Medical Outcomes Study.Health Psychol. 1993; 12: 93-102
- Is the professional satisfaction of general internists associated with patient satisfaction?.J Gen Intern Med. 2000; 15: 122-128
- Physician job satisfaction, dissatisfaction, and turnover.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 593-601
- The State of the Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States 2018.2019
- Maslach Burnout Inventory Manual.3rd ed. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, CA1996
- The causal links between stress and burnout in a longitudinal study of UK doctors.Lancet. 2002; 359: 2089-2090
- Burnout and stress among US surgery residents: psychological distress and resilience.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 80-90
- Factors related to job satisfaction in urology.Urol Pract. 2016; 3: 169-174
- Quality of life and burnout rates across surgical specialties: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 970-978
- Burn-out of urologists in the county of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany: a comparison of hospital and private practice urologists.J Urol. 2001; 165: 1158-1161
- Does the urologist in formation have a burnout syndrome? Evaluation by Maslach Burnout Inventory (MBI).Prog Urol. 2011; 21: 636-641
- Well-being in residency training: a survey examining resident physician satisfaction both within and outside of residency training and mental health in Alberta.BMC Med Educ. 2005; 5: 21-32
- Burnout and self-reported patient care in an internal medicine residency program.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 358-367
- Rates of self‐reported ‘burnout'and causative factors amongst urologists in Ireland and the UK: a comparative cross‐sectional study.BJU Int. 2016; 117: 363-372
- Is job satisfaction U‐shaped in age?.J Occupat Organ Psychol. 1996; 69: 57-81
- Distress and career satisfaction among 14 surgical specialties, comparing academic and private practice settings.Ann Surg. 2011; 254: 558-568
Grisham S. Medscape urologist lifestyle report 2018. Available online at: https://www.medscape.com/slideshow/2018-lifestyle-urologist-6009243. Accessed 2019.
Friedberg MW, Chen PG, Van Busum KR, et al. Factors affecting physician professional satisfaction and their implications for patient care, health systems, and health policy. Rand Health Q. 2014;3(4).
- High income improves evaluation of life but not emotional well-being.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2010; 107: 16489-16493
- Relationship between clerical burden and characteristics of the electronic environment with physician burnout and professional satisfaction.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 836-848
- Electronic health record logs indicate that physicians split time evenly between seeing patients and desktop medicine.Health Aff. 2017; 36: 655-662
- Physical activity, quality of life, and burnout among physician trainees: the effect of a team-based, incentivized exercise program.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 1435-1442
- Occupational burnout, eating behavior, and weight among working women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 95: 934-943
- Prevalence of alcohol use disorders among American surgeons.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 168-174
- Validation of a single‐item measure of burnout against the Maslach Burnout Inventory among physicians.Stress and Health. 2004; 20: 75-79
- Single item measures of emotional exhaustion and depersonalization are useful for assessing burnout in medical professionals.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 1318-1321