Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Vol 6. National Academies Press, 2000
- The ACGME core competencies: getting ahead of the curve.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 1216-1217
- Patient safety curriculum for surgical residency programs: results of a national consensus conference.Surgery. 2007; 141: 427-441https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2006.12.009
- The next GME accreditation system—rationale and benefits.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1051-1056
- Educational milestone development in the first 7 specialties to enter the next accreditation system.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 98-106https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-05-01-33
- Urology milestones.J Grad Med Educ Suppl. 2013; 5
- Development, testing, and implementation of the ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) program.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 396-398https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-04-03-31
- The overview of the CLER program: CLER national report of findings 2016.J Grad Med Educ. 2016; 8: 11-13
- Designing for the future: quality and safety education at US teaching hospitals.J Grad Med Educ. 2015; 7: 158-159https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-14-00199.1
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Common Program Requirements (Section VI) with Background and Intent.https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/CPRs_Section%20VI_with-Background-and-Intent_2017-01.pdf. Accessed January 31, 2018.
Oakley J. Accident Investigation Techniques, 2nd ed. American Society of Safety Professionals
Fordham M, Kelz R, Khalid M, Ko C. ACS_NSQIP_2014_QITI_Practical Quality Improvement Curriculum.pdf. https://qiti.acsnsqip.org/ACS_NSQIP_2017_QITI_Curriculum.pdf.
- Using a root cause analysis curriculum for practice-based learning and improvement in general surgery residency.J Surg Educ. 2015; 72: e286-e293https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsurg.2015.05.005
- The unmet need for a national surgical quality improvement curriculum: a systematic review.J Surg Educ. 2014; 71: 613-631
- Impact of formal continuing medical education: do conferences, workshops, rounds, and other traditional continuing education activities change physician behavior or health care outcomes?.JAMA. 1999; 282: 867https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.282.9.867
- National survey of surgical morbidity and mortality conferences.Am J Surg. 2006; 191: 708-714https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2006.01.029
- Patient safety in surgical residency: root cause analysis and the surgical morbidity and mortality conference—case series from clinical practice.Perm J. 2012; 16: 67-69https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/11-097
- Toward best practices for surgical morbidity and mortality conferences: a mixed methods study.J Surg Educ. 2018; 75: 33-42https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsurg.2017.07.002
- Educational resources for resident training in quality improvement: a national survey of urology residency program directors.Urol Pract. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urpr.2017.08.001
American Urological Association: Core Curriculum. 2017. https://auau.auanet.org/core. Accessed January 7, 2019