Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Leveraging diversity to improve business performance: research findings and recommendations for organizations.Hum Resour Manage. 2004; 43: 409
- Race/ethnicity and success in academic medicine: findings from a longitudinal multi-institutional study.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 616-622
- Race, gender, and partnership in the patient-physician relationship.JAMA. 1999; 282: 583-589
- Is doctor-patient race concordance associated with greater satisfaction with care?.J Health Soc Behav. 2002; 43: 296-306
- Surgical time out: our counts are still short on racial diversity in academic surgery.Am J Surg. 2018; 215: 542-548
- African Americans and clinical research: evidence concerning barriers and facilitators to participation and recruitment recommendations.Gerontologist. 2017; 57: 348-358
- Minority physicians' role in the care of underserved patients: diversifying the physician workforce may be key in addressing health disparities.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 289-291
- Physician race and care of minority and medically indigent patients.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1515-1520
AAMC Faculty Data,https://www.aamc.org/data/facultyroster/reports/486050/usmsf17.html, Accessed December 20, 2018.
US Census Quick Facts, https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217, December 20, 2018.
The State of the Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States 2017. http://www.auanet.org/research/research-resources/aua-census/census-results (Accessed November 2017).
- Racial distribution of urology workforce in United States in comparison to general population.Transl Androl Urol. 2018; 7: 526-534
- Female urologists: a growing population.J Urol. 1997; 157: 1854-1856
- Gender and subspecialty of urology faculty in department-based leadership roles.Urology. 2017; 110: 36-39
- Inadequate progress for women in academic medicine: findings from the national faculty study.J Womens Health. 2015; 24: 190-199
- Gender differences in academic productivity and academic career choice among urology residents.J Urol. 2012; 188: 1286-1290
- Gender differences in promotions and scholarly productivity in academic urology.Can J Urol. 2017; 24: 9011-9016
- Do women work less than men in urology: data from the American Urological Association Census.Urology. 2018; 118: 71-75
- Gender differences in publication productivity among academic urologists in the United States.Urology. 2017; 103: 39-46
The State of the Urology Workforce and Practice in the United States 2018.https://www.auanet.org/Documents/research/census/2018%20The%20State%20of%20the%20Urology%20Workforce%20Census%20Book.pdf (Accessed March 2019)
- Do urology male patients prefer same-gender urologist?.Am J Mens Health. 2018; 12: 1379-1383
Funding: University of California San Francisco Department of Urology and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Department of Surgery, Division of Urology.