Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Cancer Observatory: Cancer Today.International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France2018 (Available from:)accessed [01 January 2019])
- Rising incidence of renal cell cancer in the United States.JAMA. 1999; 281: 1628-1631
- Clinical stage migration and survival for renal cell carcinoma in the United States.Eur Urol Oncol. 2019; 2: 343-348
- Distinguishing malignant and benign renal masses with composite models and nomograms: A systematic review and meta-analysis of clinically localized renal masses suspicious for malignancy.Cancer. 2016; 122: 3267-3276
- Diagnostic accuracy and risks of biopsy in the diagnosis of a renal mass suspicious for localized renal cell carcinoma: systematic review of the literature.J Urol. 2016; 195: 1340-1347
- Renal mass core biopsy: accuracy and impact on clinical management.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 188: 563-570
- Kidney cancer: undertreatment of small renal masses by overuse of biopsy.Nat Rev Urol. 2016; 13: 701-703
- The National Cancer Data Base: a powerful initiative to improve cancer care in the United States.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 683-690
- A prospective, comparative study of quality of life among patients with small renal masses choosing active surveillance and primary intervention.J Urol. 2016; 196: 1356-1362
- Accuracy of determining small renal mass management with risk stratified biopsies: confirmation by final pathology.J Urol. 2013; 189: 441-446
- Comparative effectiveness of management options for patients with small renal masses: a prospective cohort study.BJU Int. 2019; 123: 42-50
- Renal mass biopsy to guide treatment decisions for small incidental renal tumors: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Radiology. 2010; 256: 836-846
- Renal mass and localized renal cancer: AUA guideline.J Urol. 2017; 198: 520-529
- European Association of Urology Guidelines on renal cell carcinoma: the 2019 update.Eur Urol. 2019; 75: 799-810
- Surgical removal of renal tumors with low metastatic potential based on clinical radiographic size: a systematic review of the literature.Urol Oncol. 2019; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2019.05.013
- Incidence of T3a up-staging and survival after partial nephrectomy: size-stratified rates and implications for prognosis.Urol Oncol. 2018; 36: 12.e7-12.e13
- Tumor seeding with renal cell carcinoma after renal biopsy.Urol Case Rep. 2016; 9: 43-44
- Renal cell carcinoma needle biopsy: sowing the seed for later complications?.BMJ Case Rep. 2014; 2014 (bcr2014203691)
- Is routine renal tumor biopsy associated with lower rates of benign histology following nephrectomy for small renal masses?.J Urol. 2018; 200: 731-736
- Prospective evaluation of (99m)Tc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the diagnosis of renal oncocytomas and hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors.Eur Urol. 2016; 69: 413-416
- 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the characterization of renal masses: a pictorial guide.Br J Radiol. 2018 Apr; 9120170526
Financial Disclosures/Funding Source: None.
The National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) is a joint project of the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons and the American Cancer Society. The CoC's NCDB and the hospitals participating in the CoC NCDB are the source of the deidentified data used herein; they have not verified and are not responsible for the statistical validity of the data analysis or the conclusions derived by the authors.