Materials and Methods
Conclusion and Relevance
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
- Cancer statistics, 2017.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 7-30
- Health-related quality of life after radical cystectomy: a cross-sectional study with matched-pair analysis on ileal conduit vs ileal orthotopic neobladder diversion.Urology. 2017; 108: 82-89
- Bladder cancer, version 5.2017, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2017; 15: 1240-1267
- Long-term outcomes of selective bladder preservation by combined-modality therapy for invasive bladder cancer: the MGH experience.Eur Urol. 2012; 61: 705-711
- A 10-year retrospective review of a nonrandomized cohort of 458 patients undergoing radical radiotherapy or cystectomy in Yorkshire, UK.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 77: 119-124
- Long-term outcomes in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer after selective bladder-preserving combined-modality therapy: a pooled analysis of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocols 8802, 8903, 9506, 9706, 9906, and 0233.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3801-3809
- Propensity matched comparative analysis of survival following chemoradiation or radical cystectomy for muscle invasive bladder cancer.BJU Int. 2018; 121 (Epub 2018 Jan 22): 745-751https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.14109
- Does radical cystectomy outperform other bladder preservative treatments in elderly patients with advanced bladder cancer?.J Chin Med Assoc JCMA. 2015; 78: 469-474
- Comparative effectiveness of trimodal therapy versus radical cystectomy for localized muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder.Eur Urol. 2017; 72: 483-487
- Contemporary use trends and survival outcomes in patients undergoing radical cystectomy or bladder-preservation therapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer.Cancer. 2017; 123: 4337-4345
- Radical cystectomy vs. chemoradiation in T2-4aN0M0 bladder cancer: a case-control study.Urol Oncol. 2015; 33: 19.e11-19.e15
- Comparison of outcomes between trimodal therapy and radical cystectomy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a propensity score matching analysis.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 68996-69004
- Propensity score analysis of radical cystectomy versus bladder-sparing trimodal therapy in the setting of a multidisciplinary bladder cancer clinic.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 2299-2305
- Radical cystectomy versus organ-sparing trimodality treatment in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review of clinical trials.Crit Rev Oncol/Hematol. 2015; 95: 387-396
- Critical analysis of bladder sparing with trimodal therapy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review.Eur Urol. 2014; 66: 120-137
- Radical cystectomy compared to combined modality treatment for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 97: 1002-1020
- Parameterization and bayesian modeling.J Am Stat Assoc. 2011; 99: 537-545
- Evaluation of software for multiple imputation of semi-continuous data.Stat Methods Med Res. 2007; 16: 243-258
- The role of prediction modeling in propensity score estimation: an evaluation of logistic regression, bCART, and the covariate-balancing propensity score.Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 180: 645-655
- An Introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivar Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- et al. Power comparison for propensity score methods.Comput Stat. 2018; (10.1007): 852-855
- Evaluating uses of data mining techniques in propensity score estimation: a simulation study.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2008; 17: 546-555
- Complications and mortality after radical cystectomy for bladder transitional cell cancer.J Urol. 2009; 182: 914-921
- Defining early morbidity of radical cystectomy for patients with bladder cancer using a standardized reporting methodology.Eur Urol. 2009; 55: 164-174
- Risk factor analysis in a contemporary cystectomy cohort using standardized reporting methodology and adverse event criteria.J Urol. 2010; 183: 929-934
- Radical cystectomy versus bladder-preserving therapy for muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma: examining confounding and misclassification biasin cancer observational comparative effectiveness research.Value Health. 2013; 16: 610-618
- Use of radical cystectomy for patients with invasive bladder cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010; 102: 802-811
Funding Support: This project was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institute of Health, through grant UL1 TR 001120 to DK.
Previous Presentations: The study abstract was presented at the annual meeting of the American Urologic Association in San Francisco, CA, on May 18, 2018.
Substantial Contributions: The manuscript was copy-edited by Susan Albrecht at MedSurgBio Ltd.