Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Declining use of radiotherapy for adverse features after radical prostatectomy: results from the national cancer data base.Eur Urol. 2015; 68: 768-774https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2015.04.003
- Trends in the use of postprostatectomy therapies for patients with prostate cancer: a surveillance, epidemiology, and end results Medicare analysis.Cancer. 2013; 119: 3295-3301https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.28222
- Recommendations for post-prostatectomy radiation therapy in the United States before and after the presentation of randomized trials.J Urol. 2011; 185: 116-120https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.08.086
- Role of androgen deprivation therapy for node-positive prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 100-105https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2007.14.2042
- Immediate versus deferred androgen deprivation treatment in patients with node-positive prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy.Lancet Oncol. 2006; 7: 472-479https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(06)70700-8
- Combination of adjuvant hormonal and radiation therapy significantly prolongs survival of patients with pT2-4 pn+ prostate cancer: results of a matched analysis.Eur Urol. 2011; 37: 832-840https://doi.org/10.1590/S1677-55382011000400025
- Clinically localized prostate cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO guideline. Part II: recommended approaches and details of specific care options.J Urol. 2018; 199: 990-997https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2018.01.002
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in oncology: prostate cancer.2017 (Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/prostate.pdf. Accessed June 24, 2018)
- Impact of positive surgical margins after radical prostatectomy differs by disease risk group.J Urol. 2010; 183: 145-150https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.08.132
- Positive margins after radical prostatectomy: implications for failure and role of adjuvant treatment.Urol Oncol Semin Orig Investig. 2013; 31: 531-541https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2011.06.007
- What is the best postoperative treatment for patients with pT3bN0M0 adenocarcinoma of the prostate?.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2005; 8: 167-173https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.pcan.4500789
- The CaPSURE database: a methodology for clinical practice and research in prostate cancer.Urology. 1996; 48: 773-777https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-4295(96)00226-9
- The contemporary management of prostate cancer in the United States: lessons from the Cancer of the Prostate Strategic Urologic Research Endeavor (CaPSURE), a national disease registry.J Urol. 2004; 171: 1393-1401https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ju.0000107247.81471.06
- Risk assessment for prostate cancer metastasis and mortality at the time of diagnosis.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009; 101: 878-887https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djp122
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer: long-term results of a randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911).Lancet. 2012; 380: 2018-2027https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61253-7
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for pathologically advanced prostate cancer.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2329https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.296.19.2329
- Adjuvant radiotherapy versus wait-and-see after radical prostatectomy: 10-year follow-up of the ARO 96-02/AUO AP 09/95 trial.Eur Urol. 2014; 66: 243-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2014.03.011
- Low rates of adjuvant radiation in patients with nonmetastatic prostate cancer with high-risk pathologic features.Cancer. 2014; 120: 3089-3096https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.28856
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: a randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911).Lancet. 2005; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67101-2
Hsu CC, Paciorek AT, Cooperberg MR, Iii MR, Hsu IJ, Carroll PR. Postoperative radiation therapy for patients at high-risk of recurrence after radical prostatectomy : does timing matter ?2015:713-720. doi:10.1111/bju.13043.
- Variation in treatment recommendations of adjuvant radiation therapy for high-risk prostate cancer by physician specialty.Urology. 2013; 82: 807-812https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2013.04.060
- Physician beliefs and practices for adjuvant and salvage radiation therapy after prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: 233-238https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.04.003
- Long-term impact of adjuvant versus early salvage radiation therapy in pT3N0 prostate cancer patients treated with radical prostatectomy: results from a multi-institutional series.Eur Urol. 2017; 71: 886-893https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2016.07.028
- Comparison between adjuvant and early-salvage postprostatectomy radiotherapy for prostate cancer with adverse pathological features.JAMA Oncol. 2018; e175230https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2017.5230
- Timing of androgen deprivation therapy and its impact on survival after radical prostatectomy: a matched cohort study.J Urol. 2008; 179: 1830-1837https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2008.01.022
- Antiandrogen monotherapy in patients with localized or locally advanced prostate cancer: final results from the bicalutamide Early Prostate Cancer programme at a median follow-up of 9.7 years.BJU Int. 2010; 105: 1074-1081https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09319.x
- Current management of pT3b prostate cancer after robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy.Eur Urol Oncol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euo.2018.05.005
- Do margins matter? The prognostic significance of positive surgical margins in radical prostatectomy specimens.J Urol. 2005; 174: 903-907https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2008.03.137
- Do margins matter? The influence of positive surgical margins on prostate cancer-specific mortality.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 675-680https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2013.08.036
- Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy: AUA/ASTRO guideline.J Urol. 2013; 190: 441-449https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2013.05.032
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest.
Funding Support: This work was supported in part by the US Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program (W81XWH-13-2-0074).