Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- MRI-targeted or standard biopsy for prostate cancer diagnosis.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1767-1777
- Improving detection of clinically significant prostate cancer: magnetic resonance imaging/transrectal ultrasound fusion guided prostate biopsy.J Urol. 2014; 191: 1749-1754
- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging guided diagnostic biopsy detects significant prostate cancer and could reduce unnecessary biopsies and over detection: a prospective study.J Urol. 2014; 192: 67-74
- Prostate imaging—reporting and data system: 2015, version 2.Eur Urol. 2016; 69: 16-40
- Targeted prostate biopsy: lessons learned midst the evolution of a disruptive technology.Urology. 2015; 86: 432-438
- Radiologist, be aware: ten pitfalls that confound the interpretation of multiparametric prostate MRI.Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 202: 109-120
- Determination of the role of negative magnetic resonance imaging of the prostate in clinical practice: is biopsy still necessary?.Urology. 2017; 102: 190-197
- Prostate magnetic resonance imaging: the truth lies in the eye of the beholder.Urol Oncol. 2018; 36 (159.e1-159.e5)
- Inter-observer reproducibility of the PI-RADS version 2 lexicon: a multi-center study of six experienced prostate radiologists.Radiology. 2016; 280: 793-804
- Comparison of inter-reader reproducibility of the Prostate Imaging Reporting And Data System and Likert scales for evaluation of multiparametric prostate MRI.Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 201: W612-W618
Sonn GA, Fan RE, Ghanouni P, et al. Prostate magnetic resonance imaging interpretation varies substantially across radiologists. Eur Urol Focus. 2017;30266-30263. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2017/11/010
- Magnetic resonance imaging provides added value to the prostate cancer prevention trial risk calculator for patients with estimated risk of high grade prostate cancer less than or equal to 10%.Urology. 2017; 102: 183-189
- Head-to-head comparison of PI-RADS v2 and PI-RADS v 1.Eur J Radiol. 2016; 85: 1125-1131
- Variation in false-positive rates of mammography reading among 1067 radiologists: a population-based assessment.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100: 309-318
- Radiologist interpretive volume and breast cancer screening accuracy in a Canadian organized screening program.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014; 106 (djt461)
- Evaluation of the European Society of Urogenital Radiology (ESUR) PI-RADS scoring system for assessment of extra-prostatic extension in prostatic carcinoma.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 1843-1848
- Is it time to consider a role for MRI before prostate biopsy?.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2009; 6: 197-206
- Presence of magnetic resonance imaging suspicious lesion predicts Gleason 7 or greater prostate cancer in biopsy-naïve patients.Urology. 2016; 88: 119-124
- Transition zone prostate cancers: features, detection, localization, and staging at endorectal MR imaging.Radiology. 2006; 239: 784-792
- Transition zone prostate cancer: detection and localization with 3-T multiparametric MR imaging.Radiology. 2013; 266: 207-217
- Conventional MRI capabilities in the diagnosis of prostate cancer in the transition zone.Am J Roentgenol. 2006; 186: 729-742
- ‘Prostatic evasive anterior tumours’: the role of magnetic resonance imaging.Brit J Urol. 2010; 105: 1231-1236
- Comparison of MR/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy with ultrasound-guided biopsy for the diagnosis of prostate cancer.JAMA. 2015; 313: 390-397
- Comparison of digital rectal examination and serum prostate specific antigen in the early detection of prostate cancer: results of a multicenter clinical trial of 6,630 men.J Urol. 2017; 197: S200-S207
- Prostate cancer detection at low prostate specific antigen.J Urol. 2000; 163: 806-812
- Early detection of prostate cancer. Part I: prior probability and effectiveness of tests.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 394-406
- Reevaluating PSA testing rates in the PLCO trial.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1795-1796
- Diagnostic accuracy of multi-parametric MRI and TRUS biopsy in prostate cancer (PROMIS): a paired validating confirmatory study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 815-822
- Prevalence of incidental prostate cancer: a systematic review of autopsy studies.Int J Cancer. 2015; 137: 1249-1757
Financial Disclosures: None.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Funding/Support: We did not receive funding specifically for this study.