Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Medcape Physician Compensation Report 2014. http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/compensation/2014/public/overview. Accessed May 25, 2018.
- Professional satisfaction and the career plans of US physicians.Mayo Clin Proc. 2017; 92: 1625-1635
- Factors related to job satisfaction in urology.Urol Pract. 2016; 3: 169-174
- Changes in burnout and satisfaction with work-life balance in physicians and the general US working population between 2011 and 2014.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1600-1613
- The nature and causes of job satisfaction.in: Dunnette M.D. Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Rand McNally, Chicago1976: 1297-1343
- Physician career satisfaction within specialties.BMC Health Serv Res. 2009; 9: 166
- Burnout and career satisfaction among American surgeons.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 463-471
- Burnout in Urology-Findings from the 2016 AUA Annual Census [published online ahead of print November 24 2017].Urol Pract. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urpr.2017.11.004
- Factors Affecting Physician Professional Satisfaction and Their Implications for Patient Care, Health Systems, and Health Policy. Santa Monica: RAND Health;. 2014;
- Relationship between clerical burden and characteristics of the electronic environment with physician burnout and professional satisfaction.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 836-848
- Administrative costs associated with physician billing and insurance-related activities at an academic health care system.JAMA. 2018; 319: 691-697
- Electronic health record logs indicate that physicians split time evenly between seeing patients and desktop medicine.Health Aff. 2017; 36: 655-662
- Expectation gaps, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment of fresh graduates: roles of graduates, higher learning institutions and employers.Educ Train. 2011; 53: 515-530
- How to make a newcomer happy? The mediating role of career commitment on the relationship between unmet expectations and job satisfaction.Soc Indicators Res. 2016; 127: 401-412
- The relationship between newcomer expectations of job stressors and adjustment to the new job.Work Stress. 1991; 5: 241-251
- Longitudinal study evaluating the association between physician burnout and changes in professional work effort.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 422-431
- Physicians' characteristics influence patients' adherence to medical treatment: results from the Medical Outcomes Study.Health Psychol. 1993; 12: 93
- Is the professional satisfaction of general internists associated with patient satisfaction.J Gen Intern Med. 2000; 15: 122-128
- Does dissatisfaction promote job turnover among physicians or satisfaction prevent it, or both.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 593
- Leaving medicine: the consequences of physician dissatisfaction.Med Care. 2006; 44: 234-242
- Projecting the urology workforce over the next 20 years.Urology. 2016; 98: 21-26
Funding Support: No external funding.