Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A national survey of physician-industry relationships.N Engl J Med. 1742; 356: 2007
- The physician payment sunshine act: testing the value of transparency.JAMA. 2015; 313: 23
- Types and distribution of payments from industry to physicians in 2015.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1774
- Open Payments—Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.(Available at)https://www.cms.gov/openpayments/Date accessed: November 6, 2017
- Physician payments from industry are associated with greater Medicare Part D prescribing costs.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11 (e0155474)
- Association between payments from manufacturers of pharmaceuticals to physicians and regional prescribing: cross sectional ecological study.BMJ. 2016; 354: i4189
- Physician-industry interactions and anti-vascular endothelial growth factor use among US ophthalmologists.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016; 134: 897
- The lack of a relationship between physician payments from drug manufacturers and Medicare claims for abiraterone and enzalutamide.Cancer. 2017; 123: 4356
- The relationship of industry payments to prescribing behavior: a study of degarelix and denosumab.Urol Pract. 2017; 4: 14
- Potential savings in Medicare part D for common urological conditions.Urol Pract. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urpr.2017.07.004
- Comparative effectiveness of newer medications for lower urinary tract symptoms attributed to benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Urol. 2017; 71: 570
- Physicians under the influence: social psychology and industry marketing strategies.J Law Med Ethics. 2013; 41: 665
- Thick prescriptions: toward an interpretation of pharmaceutical sales practices.Med Anthropol Q. 2004; 18: 325
- Association of industry payments to physicians with the prescribing of brand-name statins in Massachusetts.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 763
- Pharmaceutical industry-sponsored meals and physician prescribing patterns for Medicare beneficiaries.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1114
- Professionalism, profession and the virtues of the good physician.Mt Sinai J Med. 2002; 69: 378
Financial Disclosure: James M. Dupree receives salary support from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for his role as the co-director of the Michigan Value Collaborative and his involvement in the Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative. The remaining authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This work was supported by P30CA072720 (EAS).