Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Temporal changes in the clinical approach to diagnosing prostate cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012; 2012: 162-168
- Optimization of prostate biopsy: review of technique and complications.Urol Clin North Am. 2014; 41: 299-313
- Performance of transperineal template-guided mapping biopsy in detecting prostate cancer in the initial and repeat biopsy setting.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010; 13: 71-77
- Complications after prostate biopsy: data from SEER-Medicare.J Urol. 2011; 186: 1830-1834
- Indications, utilization and complications following prostate biopsy: a New York state analysis.J Urol. 2017; 197: 1020-1025
- Comparison of MR/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy with ultrasound-guided biopsy for the diagnosis of prostate cancer.JAMA. 2015; 313: 390-397
- Prostate cancer detection with magnetic resonance-ultrasound fusion biopsy: the role of systematic and targeted biopsies.Cancer. 2016; 122: 884-892
- Magnetic resonance imaging/ultrasound fusion guided prostate biopsy improves cancer detection following transrectal ultrasound biopsy and correlates with multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging.J Urol. 2011; 186: 1281-1285
- Clinical application of a 3D ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy system.Urol Oncol. 2011; 29: 334-342
- Disseminating innovations in health care.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1969-1975
- Contemporary open and robotic radical prostatectomy practice patterns among urologists in the United States.J Urol. 2012; 187: 2087-2092
- Factors associated with adoption of robotic surgical technology in US hospitals and relationship to radical prostatectomy procedure volume.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 1-6
- Direct-to-consumer Internet promotion of robotic prostatectomy exhibits varying quality of information.Health Aff. 2012; 31: 760-769
- Value of targeted prostate biopsy using magnetic resonance-ultrasound fusion in men with prior negative biopsy and elevated prostate-specific antigen.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 809-815
- Prostate magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance imaging targeted biopsy in patients with a prior negative biopsy: a consensus statement by AUA and SAR.J Urol. 2016; 196: 1613-1618
- Diagnostic accuracy of multi-parametric MRI and TRUS biopsy in prostate cancer (PROMIS): a paired validating confirmatory study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 815-822
- MRI-targeted or standard biopsy for prostate-cancer diagnosis.N Engl J Med. 2018; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1801993
- Surgeon characteristics and long-term trends in the adoption of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy.J Urol. 2011; 185: 2072-2077
- The effect of HMOs on the inpatient utilization of Medicare beneficiaries.Health Serv Res. 2004; 39: 1607-1628
- Advanced imaging among health maintenance organization enrollees with cancer.J Oncol Pract. 2014; 10: 231-238
- How to code for magnetic resonance imaging-informed prostate biopsies.Rev Urol. 2014; 16: 88-89
- Acquisition of MRI equipment by doctors drives up imaging use and spending.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 2252-2259
- Evolving utilization of pre-biopsy prostate MRI in the Medicare population.J Urol. 2018; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2018.01.071
- The development of a financial toxicity patient-reported outcome in cancer: the COST measure.Cancer. 2014; 120: 3245-3253
- Medicare beneficiaries face growing out-of-pocket burden for specialty drugs while in catastrophic coverage phase.Health Aff. 2016; 35: 1564-1571
- New anticancer drugs associated with large increases in costs and life expectancy.Health Aff. 2016; 35: 1581-1587
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This study was supported by a Winship Cancer Institute Prostate Cancer Pilot Grant (CPF).