Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The artificial urinary sphincter after a quarter of a century: a critical systematic review of its use in male non-neurogenic incontinence.Eur Urol. 2013; 63: 681-689
- Artificial urinary sphincter for post-prostatectomy incontinence: a review.Int J Urol. 2014; 21: 536-543
- Long-term durability and functional outcomes among patients with artificial urinary sphincters: a 10-year retrospective review from the University of Michigan.J Urol. 2008; 179: 1912-1916
- Outcomes following revisions and secondary implantation of the artificial urinary sphincter.J Urol. 2005; 173: 1242-1245
- Long-term outcomes after primary failures of artificial urinary sphincter implantation.Urology. 2012; 79: 922-928
- 13 years of experience with artificial urinary sphincter implantation at Baylor College of Medicine.J Urol. 2007; 177: 1021-1025
- Risk factors for erosion of artificial urinary sphincters: a multicenter prospective study.Urology. 2014; 84: 934-938
- Outcomes following erosions of the artificial urinary sphincter.J Urol. 2006; 175 (discussion 2190): 2186-2190
- Foley or fix: a comparative analysis of reparative procedures at the time of explantation of artificial urinary sphincter for cuff erosion.Urology. 2016; 90: 173-178
- Immediate urethral repair during explantation prevents stricture formation after artificial urinary sphincter cuff erosion.J Urol. 2014; 192: 442-446
- Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey.Ann Surg. 2004; 240: 205-213
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter placement for incontinence in high-risk patients after treatment of prostate cancer.Urology. 2008; 72: 825-827
- Is prolonged catheterization a risk factor for artificial urinary sphincter cuff erosion?.Urology. 2013; 82: 943-946
- Urethral stricture outcomes after artificial urinary sphincter cuff erosion: results from a multicenter retrospective analysis.Urology. 2017; 104: 198-203
- Male urethral stricture: American Urological Association guideline.J Urol. 2017; 197: 182-190
- Urethrotomy has a much lower success rate than previously reported.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1859-1862
- What is the most cost-effective treatment for 1 to 2-cm bulbar urethral strictures: societal approach using decision analysis.Urology. 2006; 67: 889-893
- Primary urethral reconstruction: the cost minimized approach to the bulbous urethral stricture.J Urol. 2005; 173: 1206-1210
- Cost-effective strategies for the management and treatment of urethral stricture disease.Urol Clin North Am. 2017; 44: 11-17
- High regional variation in urethroplasty in the United States.J Urol. 2015; 193: 179-183
- Patterns of management of urethral stricture disease in the Veterans Affairs system.Urology. 2011; 78: 454-458
- Straddle injuries to the bulbar urethra: management and outcomes in 78 patients.J Urol. 2004; 171: 722-725
- In situ urethroplasty after artificial urinary sphincter cuff erosion.Transl Androl Urol. 2015; 4: 56-59
- Complex artificial urinary sphincter revision and reimplantation cases—how do they fare compared to virgin cases?.J Urol. 2012; 187: 951-955
- Long-term device outcomes of artificial urinary sphincter reimplantation following prior explantation for erosion or infection.J Urol. 2014; 191: 734-738
- Comparison of outcomes for adjustable bulbourethral male sling and artificial urinary sphincter after previous artificial urinary sphincter erosion.Urology. 2009; 73: 1363-1367
- Two-stage transperineal management of posterior urethral strictures or bladder neck contractures associated with urinary incontinence after prostate surgery and endoscopic treatment failures.Eur Urol. 2007; 52: 1499-1504
- Artificial urinary sphincter placement in compromised urethras and survival: a comparison of virgin, radiated and reoperative cases.J Urol. 2014; 192: 1756-1761
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter cuff placement in cases requiring revision for erosion and urethral atrophy.J Urol. 2002; 167 (discussion 2079): 2075-2078
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter implantation as a salvage surgical procedure for challenging cases of male stress urinary incontinence: surgical technique and functional outcomes in a contemporary series.BJU Int. 2013; 112: 1163-1168
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This work was supported in part by a generous reconstructive urology educational grant from Boston Scientific. Boston Scientific had no role in study concept, design, data acquisition and analysis, or manuscript drafting and revision.
Meeting Presentation: This report was presented at the 112th Meeting of the American Urological Association, Boston, MA, May 12-16, 2017.