Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Renal cell carcinoma: prognostic significance of incidentally detected tumors.J Urol. 2000; 163: 426-430
- Projections of the Size and Composition of the US Population: 2014 to 2060.U.S. Census Bureau, Washington, DC2015: 25-1143
- Surgical risk factors, morbidity, and mortality in elderly patients.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 203: 865-877
- Comorbidities and causes of death in the management of localized T1a kidney cancer.Int J Urol. 2014; 21: 1086-1092
- The expanding role of partial nephrectomy: a critical analysis of indications, results, and complications.Eur Urol. 2010; 57: 214-222
- Nephron-sparing surgery is equally effective to radical nephrectomy for T1BN0M0 renal cell carcinoma: a population-based assessment.Urology. 2010; 75: 271-275
- Comparison between open partial and radical nephrectomy for renal tumours: perioperative outcome and health-related quality of life.Eur Urol. 2007; 51: 614-620
- Complications after radical and partial nephrectomy as a function of age.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1725-1730
- Partial vs radical nephrectomy for T1 renal tumours: an analysis from the British Association of Urological Surgeons Nephrectomy Audit.BJU Int. 2016; 117: 62-71
- Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey.Ann Surg. 2004; 240: 205-213
- Guideline for management of the clinical T1 renal mass.J Urol. 2009; 182: 1271-1279
- Morbidity of urologic surgical procedures: an analysis of rates, risk factors, and outcomes.Urology. 2015; 85: 552-559
- Management of renal masses and localized renal cancer.J Urol. 2016; 196 (Prepared by the JHU Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA290201200007I. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality): 989-999
- Nephron-sparing techniques independently decrease the risk of cardiovascular events relative to radical nephrectomy in patients with a T1a-T1b renal mass and normal preoperative renal function.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 683-689
- Chronic kidney disease and the risks of death, cardiovascular events, and hospitalization.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1296-1305
- A prospective, randomised EORTC intergroup phase 3 study comparing the oncologic outcome of elective nephron-sparing surgery and radical nephrectomy for low-stage renal cell carcinoma.Eur Urol. 2011; 59: 543-552
- Renal function after nephron-sparing surgery versus radical nephrectomy: results from EORTC randomized trial 30904.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 372-377
- Chronic kidney disease due to surgical removal of nephrons: relative rates of progression and survival.J Urol. 2014; 192: 1057-1062
- Surgically induced chronic kidney disease may be associated with a lower risk of progression and mortality than medical chronic kidney disease.J Urol. 2013; 189: 1649-1655
- The impact of chronic multimorbidity and disability on functional decline and survival in elderly persons. A community-based, longitudinal study.J Intern Med. 2009; 265: 288-295
- Long-term survival following partial vs radical nephrectomy among older patients with early-stage kidney cancer.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1629-1635
- Preoperative predictors of malignancy and unfavorable pathology for clinical T1a tumors treated with partial nephrectomy: a multi-institutional analysis.Urol Oncol. 2015; 33: 112.e9-112.e14
- Evaluation of renal mass biopsy risk stratification algorithm for robotic partial nephrectomy—could a biopsy have guided management?.J Urol. 2014; 192: 1337-1342
- Prospective evaluation of (99m)Tc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the diagnosis of renal oncocytomas and hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors.Eur Urol. 2016; 69: 413-416
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This work is supported by the National Institute on Aging [RFA-AG-15-009], the American Federation for Aging Research, and The John A. Hartford Foundation.