Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evaluation and management of renal injuries: consensus statement of the renal trauma subcommittee.BJU Int. 2004; 93: 937-954
- Predictors of the need for nephrectomy after renal trauma.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 164-169
- Grade IV renal injuries: evaluation, treatment, and outcome.World J Surg. 2001; 25: 1565-1572
- Organ injury scaling: spleen, liver, and kidney.J Trauma. 1989; 29: 1664-1666
- Validation of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma organ injury severity scale for the kidney.J Trauma. 2001; 50: 195-200
- High-grade renal injury: non-operative management of urinary extravasation and prediction of long-term outcomes.BJU Int. 2013; 111: E249-E255
- Selective management of isolated and nonisolated grade IV renal injuries.J Urol. 2006; 176: 2498-2502
- A national study of trauma level designation and renal trauma outcomes.J Urol. 2012; 187: 536-541
- Contemporary trends in the immediate surgical management of renal trauma using a national database.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 75: 602-606
- Overuse of antimicrobial prophylaxis in community practice urology.J Urol. 2015; 193: 543-547
- TMPM-ICD9: a trauma mortality prediction model based on ICD-9-CM codes.Ann Surg. 2009; 249: 1032-1039
- Projection Methodology: National Projections from Premier's Perspective Hospital Inpatient Data (1999).(Charlotte, North Carolina: Premier Inc)2001
- Influence of the National Trauma Data Bank on the study of trauma outcomes: is it time to set research best practices to further enhance its impact?.J Am Coll Surg. 2012; 214: 756-768
- Do inclusive trauma systems improve outcomes following renal trauma?.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 72: 385-389
- Successful nonoperative management of the most severe blunt renal injuries: a multicenter study of the research consortium of New England Centers for Trauma.JAMA Surg. 2013; 148: 924-931
- The literature increasingly supports expectant (conservative) management of renal trauma–a systematic review.J Trauma. 2005; 59: 493-503
- Long-term renal function assessment with dimercapto-succinic acid scintigraphy after conservative treatment of major renal trauma.J Urol. 2012; 187: 1306-1309
- Contemporary management of renal trauma: differences between urologists and trauma surgeons.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 72: 68-75
- Renal trauma: kidney preservation through improved vascular control-a refined approach.J Trauma. 1982; 22: 285-290
- Surgical management of renal trauma: is vascular control necessary?.J Trauma. 1999; 47: 1039-1044
- Guideline of guidelines: a review of urological trauma guidelines.BJU Int. 2016; 117: 226-234
- Identification of in-hospital complications from claims data. Is it valid?.Med Care. 2000; 38: 785-795
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Previously presented at the New England Section, American Urological Association, Annual Meeting, 2013, Hartford, CT, and at the National Meeting, American Urological Association, Annual Meeting, 2014, Orlando, FL.