A literature search was made through PubMed from 1990 to the present for articles on strictures in children. There were 32 articles that provided the data for this review. The studies were rated according to the level of evidence and the grade of recommendation using the International Consultations in Urologic Disease standards.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based medicine overview of the main steps for developing and grading guideline recommendations.Prog Urol. 2007; 17: 681-684
- Eversion meatoplasty in management of urethral meatal stenosis.Int Urol Nephrol. 1996; 28: 229-233
- Home-dilatation of the urethral meatus in boys.BJU Int. 2004; 93: 596-597
- Urethral meatotomy in the office using topical EMLA cream for anesthesia.J Urol. 1996; 156 ([discussion: 858-859]): 857-858
- Ten cases of congenital urethral stricture in childhood with enuresis.Int J Urol. 2005; 12: 558-562
- Functional evaluation of the results of hypospadias surgery with uroflowmetry.J Urol. 1995; 154: 835-836
- Open reconstruction of pediatric and adolescent urethral strictures: long-term followup.J Urol. 2003; 169 ([discussion: 1821]): 1818-1821
- Guide wire-assisted urethral dilatation for urethral strictures in pediatric urology.J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 38: 1790-1792
- Perineal anastomotic urethroplasty for managing post-traumatic urethral strictures in children: the long-term outcome.BJU Int. 2005; 95: 403-406
- Treatment of pediatric urethral stricture disease with the neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser.Urology. 1994; 44: 264-267
- Management of urethral strictures after hypospadias repair.J Urol. 1998; 160: 170-171
- Long-term outcome of visual internal urethrotomy for the management of pediatric urethral strictures.J Urol. 2005; 173: 595-597
- Direct vision internal urethrotomy for the treatment of pediatric urethral strictures: analysis of 50 patients.J Urol. 2003; 170: 952-955
- Stricture incidence related to suture material in hypospadias surgery.J Pediatr Surg. 1996; 31: 881-884
- Posttraumatic posterior urethral strictures in children: a 20-year experience.J Urol. 1997; 157: 641-645
- Pediatric and adolescent transperineal anastomotic urethroplasty.J Pediatr Urol. 2008; 4: 333-336
- Posttraumatic posterior urethral strictures in children–management and intermediate-term follow-up in tertiary care center.Urology. 2008; 72 ([discussion: 543-544]): 540-543
- An evaluation of surgical approaches for posterior urethral distraction defects in boys.J Urol. 2006; 176 ([discussion: 295]): 292-295
- Early versus delayed internal urethrotomy for recurrent urethral stricture after urethroplasty in children.Urol J. 2005; 2: 165-168
- Traumatic obliterative urethral strictures in pediatric patients: failure of the cut to light technique at long-term followup.J Urol. 2007; 178 ([discussion: 1658]): 1656-1658
Published online: November 13, 2013
Accepted: September 13, 2013
Received: June 5, 2013
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
© 2014 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.