Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ambulatory evaluation of nephrolithiasis: an update of a 1980 protocol.Am J Med. 1995; 98: 50-59
- Renal stone disease: causes, evaluation and medical treatment.Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2006; 50: 823-831
- Hypocitraturia: pathophysiology and medical management.Rev Urol. 2009; 11: 134-144
- Potassium and sodium intake and excretion in calcium stone forming patients.J Ren Nutr. 1998; 8: 127-131
- DASH-style diet and 24-hour urine composition.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 2315-2322
- Noncitrus alkaline fruit: a dietary alternative for the treatment of hypocitraturic stone formers.J Endourol. 2012; 26: 1221-1226
- Comparative study of the influence of 3 types of mineral water in patients with idiopathic calcium lithiasis.J Urol. 1998; 159: 658-663
- Clinical study on the effect of mineral waters containing bicarbonate on the risk of urinary stone formation in patients with multiple episodes of CaOx-urolithiasis.World J Urol. 2007; 25: 315-323
- Impact of long-term potassium citrate therapy on urinary profiles and recurrent stone formation.J Urol. 2009; 181: 1145-1150
- Potassium-magnesium citrate is an effective prophylaxis against recurrent calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis.J Urol. 1997; 158: 2069-2073
- Contrasting effects of potassium citrate and sodium citrate therapies on urinary chemistries and crystallization of stone-forming salts.Kidney Int. 1983; 24: 348-352
- Preventive treatment of nephrolithiasis with alkali citrate--a critical review.Urol Res. 2005; 33: 73-79
- Risk formulas in calcium oxalate urolithiasis.World J Urol. 1997; 15: 176-185
- A simplified estimate of ion-activity product of calcium phosphate in urine.Eur Urol. 1984; 10: 191-195
- Kidney stones: medical and surgical management.Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia1996 (33-64)
- Organic anions and potassium salts in nutrition and metabolism.Nutr Res Rev. 2004; 17: 249-258
- Contrasting effects of various potassium salts on renal citrate excretion.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991; 72: 396-400
- A comparison of the effects of potassium citrate and sodium bicarbonate in the alkalinization of urine in homozygous cystinuria.Urol Res. 2001; 29: 295-302
- Potassium bicarbonate, but not sodium bicarbonate, reduces urinary calcium excretion and improves calcium balance in healthy men.Kidney Int. 1989; 35: 688-695
- Potassium administration reduces and potassium deprivation increases urinary calcium excretion in healthy adults [corrected].Kidney Int. 1991; 39: 973-983
- Treatment with potassium bicarbonate lowers calcium excretion and bone resorption in older men and women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 96-102
- Pharmacotherapy of urolithiasis: evidence from clinical trials.Kidney Int. 2011; 79: 385-392
- Effect of potassium citrate therapy on stone recurrence and residual fragments after shockwave lithotripsy in lower caliceal calcium oxalate urolithiasis: a randomized controlled trial.J Endourol. 2002; 16: 149-152
- Alkali citrate prophylaxis in idiopathic recurrent calcium oxalate urolithiasis--a prospective randomized study.Br J Urol. 1994; 73: 362-365
- Randomized double-blind study of potassium citrate in idiopathic hypocitraturic calcium nephrolithiasis.J Urol. 1993; 150: 1761-1764
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This research was supported by Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP - Grant: 2010/04719-1) and Fundação Oswaldo Ramos - Hospital do Rim e Hipertensão from Universidade Federal de São Paulo.